Did society go against Jehovah's will?

by TweetieBird 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

For decades it was always stressed (especially in one of the pubs that came out in the 70's, I think the one about the thousand years) that one of the signs of the beginning of the great tribulation would be when they started taxing religion. In another thread we were directed to http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/84a.htm about the society going to court to support Jimmy Swaggert. It seems to me that maybe the society was running ahead of Jehovah by doing so, and the organization started on a downward spiral since then, ultimately slapping Jehovah in the face by going to bed with the UN.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think this religion, or sect more precisely, never had anything to do with the truth they always were deceitful and manipulative and the UN issue is just one of the many bad things they've been doing.

Their claim to be God's reps on earth is an amoral enough lie to damn them. Six million people that believe it to be true live under curse in spiritual darkness.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

When I was a teenager they were always stressing that if anyone was hiding secret sins (like tongue kissing, or maybe even worse) that Jehovah would remove his spirit from the whole congragation, and we would all start fareing really badly and not be able to place magazines and stuff.

Judging them on this criteria I can only assume Joe Hoba pissed on their chips LONG ago.

• luna2
    luna2

The first few days after I realized that JW's did not have the TRUTH, I floundered around trying to find excuses for them...like maybe they took a wrong turn somewhere but they started out holy and pure. I started reading about Russell and by the time I got to the end of Rutherford's bio, that was it. This religion was steeped in mysticism, wishful thinking, false prophecies and fakery right from the beginning. Those two first presidents of the WTS were also immoral on a personal level too. I just sat there staring at the computer screen shaking my head. It was a crock all along.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Yes, but don't you know that Jehovah refined and cleansed the organization? That's why the brothers went to prison in 1919, as a refining process so from 1919 forward Jehovah's spirit would have been on the organization, right??? At least that is what most dubs would think.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Years ago, before I became disillusioned a sister secretly said to me that she thought they spoke presumptuously. I guess that would be going against his will.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They don't care about the widows and the orphans they don't have a spirit of "not living for yourself" even though they expect eternal life as a reward.

• Dennis
    Dennis

NO.

Do you research. Do you do the math. Or are you only enterested in defaming without discernment.

• luna2
    luna2

defaming works for me...but only because I have done the research as well as the math and neither support the WTS's claims.

• avishai

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit