Why the Jehovah's Witness religion will live on and on

by free2beme 12 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have read in here a few post, and would expect to see these kind of post. Where people hope the religion will end some day and perhaps then all that has happened as a former Witness to us, will be stopped and the Witnesses will see the error of their ways and life will be good again. I never think they will end, and here are some reasons why I think this way.

Third world countries thinking. I remember when Iraq was under Sadaam and even back when terrible things happened in Southeast Asia and Aftrica. It was always asked, "why do those people put up with that?" or "Why don't those people do something to change." The reason is this, when taking over the control of an actual nation, the first thing you do it make sure those in power have the most power controling tool, and take this tool out of the hands of the masses. This tool with nations is guns, and with the religion it is the power of guilt, control and fear. You take this away and reward those who report the problem makers and it becomes a game of, "who can you trust." Do you discuss your hatred of the government with your neighbor, because after all then your friend did this months ago with his wife he was taken to prison and shot. So who can you trust? To even suggest it to someone to test the water is a possible chance at death. You do not have the guns, and without the power of communication without possible death, you are better off saying nothing and just staying with the accepted government. In religion, or the religion (Jehovah's Witnesses), it is the same thing. Who can you really discuss your doubts with to organize some group change or movement. After all, wives turned in husbands, kids turned in parents, and the list of what and how someone got reported goes on and on. Even worse, there is always the mystery source no one knows about. So what do you do, you either stay and follow or talk and get the control, guilt and fear buttons aimed your way and off your go to certian death. One reason why the religion will not change.

Liking the life style. I honestly knew several people who loved the conservative Witness thinking and enjoyed the strict rules and regulations. I know one family in the Arcata, California area I knew as a teen who were so over the top poster child in their way of being a Witness. That to take them out of the religion and to put them into the real world, would have been like take a fish out of water to flop on the ground until dead. So those people will always have children and always hold to the religion, no matter what. Another reason why the religion will not change or end. After all, even when there was less then a million ... it was a known religion and if it shrunk to those levels again, they would apply a scripture and those left would accept it and stay.

No more right or wrong then any other religion. Religion as a whole if mix of myth, misapplied stories and fact based on faith and not evidence. So to say a religion is going to end or change because they are wrong, just shows you have just grasped another religions way of thinking and replaced your past judgement with that of another. No religion is 100% right, unless your a member. So the Witnesses have no perfect faith to go to, and they think they are already in the perfect faith anyway. Why end, why change.

These are just a couple (or should I say three), I reason on. I know there is the whole, new understanding factor, but that is not as unique as I thought it was. I know of other religions who do the same or have the "believe what works for you" way of teaching. To shame a Witness, is to make them stronger. To expect change as a whole organization is a waste. I say, expect them to last the long hall and move on. Those who are willing to defect from countries, do. Those who leave the religion, always will. Those who like the government style, stay and enjoy it. Those you like the religion, live and love it. In all though, there is nothing perfect and no religion that will fit everyone and perhaps life teaches us that every day. Millions of shades of colors, tons of places to live and food in so much variety that you will find something to please the taste buds. Yet we know, to each there own and to try to force change or your way on to another ... well that is just to religious to me.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I agree..especially the part about good and bad in all religions!
    If someone here decides to become a JW again. So be it.
    If it works for them..who is to say it is wrong.

I wonder sometimes if I had been in a different religion and found out things about it like I did about the WTBTS if I would have resigned?

I probably would have just quit going but gone back occasionally for "Spiritual association."

For some reason the JW's( And a few other religions) have a strict take it or leave it policy.

So I left!...

Snoozy...

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

Create a universe inside of this one to prove all religion wrong. Prove evolution really did happen. This can happen and it will happen one day.

• greendawn
    greendawn

To us it's hard to imagine how anyone could be happy in a religion like the JWs because we have acquired a much more enlightened perspective of things but if some are masochistic enough to be satisfied with life there and can take all the lies and bs without any ill effects then it's a good place for them.

As for religions there are cults and serious religions and even though they are all harmful in one way or other, cults are far more damaging to their members.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Also, there are also lots of people who love enforcing the rules and laws of the witnesses.

So as long as there are people who want the comfort of a rules based religion and sufficient people to enforce them, the relgion will live on.

Eyeslice

P.T. Barnum said it best, "there's one born every minute."

• Markfromcali
  • lilybird
    lilybird

I have to agree with you , freetobeme, for some the strict religion indoctrination of the JWS just works for them. That's great for them. The JWS won't stop to exist as a religion for all the reasons you stated. Its hard to understand how in a free-thinking society , that people can still want a life style that dictates how they live and breathe, but that's what makes the world such a wacky and complex place. Im just happy I don't need to be ruled by a bunch of men who claim to be guided by god's spirit, or whatever they claim now, not sure its been awhile since I was associated.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Free2bme--my sister is an active Witless in Arcata California. Is that where you are from?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

It reminds me of a conversation I recently had with a witness. I went through it all, why the witnesses are wrong, all the false prophecies, all the dishonesty in their publications, the real meaning of the faithful and discreet slave parable, the bogus 607 B.C date, the murdurous blood policy, the unchristian practice of shunning, the myth basis of bible accounts, the unbreakable wall of evidence supporting evolution. I explained how its not hard to get out of the Dubs, and that their is plenty of support out there these days. His reply? "But I don't want to leave the Witnesses."

That was that.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit