Faders: What if we transfer our records to an out of state congo

by xjwms 15 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

You have to visit the new congregation enough so they know you're there and know who to contact to get your publisher record cards.

Some friends change congregations for personal reasons and don't physically move. You could try that. Just come up with an excuse to switch to a different local congregation where the elders aren't familiar with you. Remember though, that along with your publisher record card being sent to the new congo. so is a letter of introduction. The new body will know all about you.....bwaaaahahhaaaaaa

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

On the advice of my husband (a wise man), I transferred my card to a neighboring congregation where I had been ignored before and knew they'd probably ignore me again. After the card was sent over, I had one phone call from the PO saying that the next meeting we'd get together on a book study location for me, one call at the end of the month from the Secretary to get my time ("Well, you study with your kids, don't you? I'll put you down for four hours."), and one more call from the Secretary at the end of the following month, which I didn't answer or return. Then . . . nothing . . . for 18 months! (Needless to say, I hadn't attended any meetings at all.) They showed up on the doorstep before Memorial one day and I really let them have it about how lax they were about sheparding the flock, etc., etc. They tried the old saw about "do you still think this is Jehovah's organization?" and after we finished laughing told them that we were pretty happy being left alone, thank you.

They haven't been back and as far as I know no announcement has been made about me.

Nina

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah, this thought has crossed my mind a few times. The way it works is the new Congregation writes a letter to your old one, or maybe they just call (?) and let your old congregation know you have moved there and to send your card.

What I want to do, and I know this is really tricky... send a letter from a fake out of state congregation asking for your card (sent to your address, of course!). Although how would I know how these letters would look, how they are worded or styled, only a Cong. Secretary would really know how to do it.

How cool would that be to get your card in the mail along with your scandalous letter of "introduction", which is probably lots worse than you could ever have imagined! No card, no record, no disfellowshipping.

Who knows? Maybe that could work!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Making my own file disappear would be cool.

I don't know how its like in other congregations, but in the one I'm currently officially at, the secretary likes to fax over the letter of introduction to either the secretary or the PO of the other congregation. He even confirms the congregation number and the name(s) through someone he knows at the Georgetown Bethel.

So I may just have to settle on their keping the file but no more tabs on me.

• xjwms
    xjwms

• Quotes
    Quotes

I know of one XJW (not me) that successfully had their Publisher's Record cards sent to a co-conspirator. Officially, that XJW is "out of the system". The old cong. thinks he's moved, and since his cards aren't really at a new cong., no one is checking up on him to catch him committing some gross sin, like, for example, saying "God Bless You" when someone sneezes.

This plan requires knowledge of the (elder) system, and a co-conspirator that can pass as an elder over the phone. Oh, the co-conspirator should live far, far away, perhaps even in another country.

It has worked before, and it could work again. Until the WTS drones read this, and pass word to the Dub-Burning Body, and "New Arrangements" are introduced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit