Earthwuake strikes southern California

by Netty 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Netty
    Netty

Hubert, glad your relatives are all ok, good news! You must be relieved.

VM- the pre shock, now that's gotta feel weird!

Bikerchic, thx for the link, wow guess ther'es been a few earthquakes leading up to this one.

Freedom, mrsjones, biker, I can only imagine growing up around earthquakes like you all did, yikes!

• patio34
    patio34

Nothing felt here in Ventura County.

• freedom96
    freedom96

These smaller earthquakes really don't bother me too much.

However, when I grew up, it was in the Bay Area as I mentioned above, and the media and schools always talked about the "big one!" Sometimes, a smaller quake like this would set off the big earthquake, and that is what was so scary. Never knew if that would set up the one that would kill all of us. Then again, was it the beginning of armageddon?

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

January 17, 1994.....roughly 4:39 A.M. I woke in Canoga Park, San Frenando Vally, with the ground shaking violently. It lasted about 35 to 45 seconds.

All power was out...everywhere.A few minutes later the radio said it was either a 6.8-7 on the scale. Cal-Tech was out so we had to rely on Colorado to tell us.

Right up the street from me a 100 unit 3-story apartment building suddenly became a 2 story building.

So a 5 to 6 don't phase me. In `94 I lived 2 miles from the eppic center......where it all started.....lol....

PEACE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit