Ozzie's Weekend Poll #137

by ozziepost 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

1. It wastes "good witnessing time"!

I would have to go with this option. It would have been seen as frivolous in that it wouldnt "further kingdom interests". Oddly enough they were always encouraging that brothers and sisters talk together by arriving early and staying later. However, the hovering zealots always made sure it was about kingdom interest, heaven help the youth group found talking about video games instead of magazine placements. Although as soon as elder righteous looked away you can be sure that is exactly what went on. I remember sisters organizing a lot of such get togethers after bookstudies but there was always an excuse, such as just finishing a new book or welcoming new ones to the book study group that were just moved there.

• alw
    alw

ozzie, great post.

i think all 20 and the others.

the one highlight for me is no. 1 "it wastes good witnessing time"

after taking a group into maccas for tea and coffee etc after witnessing one day, i was hauled into the dreaded back room, where i was told not to do this as the dubs would only go witnessing for the expected (social,christian,upbuilding,encouraging,fellowship) visit to maccas and by going there we wasted time we could have worked untill at least 1 pm.

so glad im free. mr alw

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahh yess, the "back room"!!!!

there were so many back room boys weren't there?

• greendawn
    greendawn

From my time as a dub I have the impression that they are a very tight fisted and mean lot so I think number nine is the most natural explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit