Embarrassed By Parents

by chris1525 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• chris1525
    chris1525

Hopefully this will be a topic that gets you thinking and many persons will have funny stories to tell. Apologies if it's been done before but I'm new here.

My Dad once gave a talk directed at the young persons in the cong. I was probably about 13 or 14 at the time.. a hormone on legs.. the blood vessels in my face ready to fill at the slightest opportunity making look like a redder than red beetroot. During the talk my Dad took it upon himself to continually refer to us kids as "You Young Men & Virgins." Makes me cringe now just thinking about it.

On another occasion someone elses Dad (you know who you are if you are reading this) was stood at the back of the hall doing the roving mikes. The speaker referred the audience to a scripture. there was the usual rustling of pages before the speaker started to read from the verse. As sometimes happened, and probably still does, the speaker had quoted the wrong chapter or verse or something. There was a confused few moments as the eager audience frantically tried to find where he was reading from. At this point the good intentioned chap stood at the back (who had found the correct location of the scripture) decided to write this in large black letters on a piece of paper and then wander down the aisle showing to the audience that they should actually be in the book of Revelenesis instead of Exodistcles. I just remember looking over towards the son of the chap, who was a similar spotty age to myself, and watching him die before my eyes.

I also remember the look on the speakers face, it simply said "what the hell are you doing man?"

Probably funnier at the time.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Awwww life doesnt get better than this! I gotta FRIEND who knows me in real life! Hi Chris MWAH MWAH (Katie gives Chris a theatrical air kiss - Chris pulls a face to one side to let everyone know he's humouring Katie )

Back to the question. YES - your frickin dad embarrassed me! But not as much as someone elses dad who asked me on my baptism questions meeting what my intentions were towards his son ( I was 16, I had kissed the son maybe a couple a times). I had to swear they were totally honourable and I would marry aformentioned son as soon as possible - I had a feeling he wouldnt let me get baptised if id a said "well I just want a look at his tadger".

• Daunt
  • Daunt
    Daunt

This is not really public embarrassment, but it's more like, "OMG I can't believe these people are my parents" embarrassment.

I was searching through this fabulous art forum that I love dearly when my dad comes out of the kitchen and demands what I was looking at. Then he scrolled through this picture that I didn't even know or cared was there, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/LightKirtar/Robo.jpg. This has made both of my parents ballistic and very scared about the devil being in their house. Constantly I am being pummeled with "The devil is in this house", or "There's nothing but dirty old men that wants to turn you into a terrible person because of this".

Now just a little background on that pic. It was made by a somewhat 20 year old drawing with a 14 year old in this program called Open Canvas. He was studying the human body and the only "sexual" things about it was because of a joke, now, that drawing has made my parents into paranoid JW evangelicals after it. If they believed it they'd spray this place with holy water. Just sad, so uninformative, yet hilariously funny.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

When I was in 9th grade,me and my friends where making a video on earthquakes.Mty friends came to my house to film some of it,bad mistake.My mom started forcing us to read the part of mathew where it says "earrthquakes in on place after another".I was so embarrassed.She would't let us continue until that was in the video.What a loony.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Dad used to give a lot of talks, and more than once he let my nick-name slip from the platform... "Big-ums" I never recovered...

J

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

My parents NEVER embarassed me............................................

(but then maybe Im saying that cos my mum has juust joined this site and will probably read my posts!!!!)

• Tez
    Tez

See PaulJ above. I am his mum and I know i have embarassed him, but won't add to it now by making it worse!!! Lets just say i know his sensitive about certain subjects! and when he was younger he tried his very best to embarass me! but i am not easily embarassed! as he found out!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit