JW's on the news today

by freedom96 8 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I was watching tv a little bit ago, and they had a quick one minute total break showing the tropical storm, and then spent 30 solid seconds talking about the witnesses at the district convention this weekend in San Diego.

They showed a few from the audience looking as bored as could be, and then showed some getting baptized.

I was very suprised they would take the time to show that. As if anyone cares. Must have been a slow news day.

Anyways, I was quick to press record on the tivo, so I will torture my wife with it when she gets home.

• luna2
    luna2

Slow news day indeed! LOL Maybe this is the network's nod to "positive" news. Yuck.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Telemundo and Univision and 560AM would run a piece of the spanish speaking DC in chicago when the DC was held at Hawthorne Race track. I dont remember the english speaking media outlets ever running a piece on the JW DC.

• freedom96
    freedom96

The news agency actually named the convention theme, and talked about it briefly. I am sure they were reading a statement by someone at the convention.

I have seen a quick news clip before, usually regarding traffic because of a JW event at the stadium, but this time it went much further.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

maybe the weekend news editor is a dub ....

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Must have been a slow news day.

If the general public stopped to realize that those people being baptized were going to be even MORE pesky door-knockers---they'd consider it a BAD NEWS day!

• steve2
    steve2

Keep hold of the video footage. Maybe the media know something you don't. You never know what sorts of lives are lived by those who've been just-pushed under the water. Stay tuned...

• zagor
    zagor

They showed a few from the audience looking as bored as could be

LMAO

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I never understood how people could actually camp out for THREE DAYS at that borefest. I had enough trouble staying awake for one day. I remember the highlight was waiting for one of the 'remnant' to speak.

What a joke. I could put my dog on stage and say he's one of the remnant for all they know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit