Question for Mario K

by claudia 11 Replies latest jw friends

• gsark
    gsark

Mario, if you are going, going, gone then this could be a waste of breath and time...

No one has ridiculed you, Mario. I want to thank you for sharing this experience with us.

The sexual abuse of children is not unique to Jehovah's Witnesses; nor to religious groups, nor to this century nor for that matter to human history in general. I doubt if the abuse and exploitation of children will ever end as long as there are men and women who are miserable and want someone vulnerable to whom they can wreak their bad feelings on.

Many of us here on this board have children and grandchildren, and by sharing your experiences with us you have helped us learn ways in which to protect our children. A pedophile may know better than to approach my child/grandchild in my presence, but may not stop at approaching that same child in the care of an unsuspecting adult unsophisticated in the ways of pedophiles.

And in any case, if you went to the authorities, to lawyers, and to JW elders with this experience, surely you've been asked that same question? Surely you asked that same question of the host family?

I think it was only out of tremendous sympathy and sensitivity on the part of these board posters that this question wasn't asked before this, and I thank Claudia for asking what some of us have been wanting to know.

I don't see what good you could do yourself, Stacey or anyone else if you 'turn tail and run' when the going gets tough. And it will make it harder for anyone else to come here for help. Please don't make us sorry that we took the time to read your posts and respond to them, many of us from our hearts.

Hope to hear from you again.

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• Kent
    Kent

Mario;

I do not appreciate your doubts. I thought this would be the last place that I would get ridiculed. I guess I made a mistake by posting here so I will leave. I have lost my father, the friends in the congregation, and now my new comforting friends in this forum.

Crap! You have been asked to answer some questions. You obviously can't - and then you chose to play offended. Your call, but if you want to stay, supply some evidence to your claims. Or leave.

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit