Script for the Drama "Beware of Rebellious Talk!"

by Bonnie_Clyde 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I just spent 20 minutes typing a VERY interesting post from a script of the Bible drama given as a DC several years ago of how the WT applies the Korah, Dathan and Abiram account to anyone who speaks in any way against the Watchtower, the organization, or the faithful and discreet slave. The modern day characters are Brother Loyal, Brother Faithful and Brother Doubter. At the end the families of Dathan and Abiram and lined up in opposition and then the screams begin and the opposers fall backward as if they have swallowed up by the earthquake.

I was almost done typing when I lost my connection. I tried this several months ago, and the same thing happened. Any suggestion on how not to lose my work?

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I would first type it into a word program and then copy and paste here.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I used Eudora Pro for email. Eudora Pro is a good email program but it's also a good plain text word processor with spell check. I type most posts out in Eudora first and then paste to the forum.

If I am using Microsoft Word or if I am doing a cut and paste from a web page, I first paste it in Eudora and then copy it to the forum. Eudora Pro also has an unwrap tool. Very handy.

I've never lost a thing using Eudora.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow! When I was a kid I was in the Drama that accompanied that talk at a District Convention.

Oh, and the irony: In the drama I was one of the "loyal" ones and my parents were killed at the end.

• blondie
    blondie

Type it in Word (or equivalent) then cut and paste.

Also, when typing, set it up to store automatically, or learn to hit the store (file) button.

Blondie

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

OK - I'll try to get it done soon. Do you think people will be interested in it? The most interesting part is the modern day application to the WT. There wouldn't be any problems from the Watchtower in posting their material, would there?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I remember that drama well and yes I'd be interested in reading the transcript. Do you have a tape recording of it?

I used to love the dramas and listened to them again and again. I still have the ten commandments ones up in my loft and can even remember some of the lines. My especially favourite was the one where Phineas is shagging some non Israelite in a tent and God sends the Israelites to pierce them through with a spear - like a human kebab for their immorality!

• zagor
    zagor

Yahooo, I've had plenty of experience arguing with elders. Every time it came down to story about Korah and every time I'd tell them:

you know Korah wanted Moses' job that's why he was complaining, and I sure as hell don't want yours, so that story doesn't apply to me.

afterward they'd be speechless

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

One more thing - weren't there two Korah dramas? The transcript I have must be 15 years old. I haven't been to an assembly since 1998, but it seems like there was another Korah drama since then.

• Scully
    Scully

The "Beware of Rebellious Talk" drama has been around for decades. Its first incarnation - that I remember - was in the early 80s. It was no coincidence that it followed the ousting of Ray Franz from the upper echelons of the WTS. It seems that every time there appears to be an uprising of apostates, that drama gets hauled out, dusted off, and recycled to put fear back into the R&F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit