PREDICTION:

by ros 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ros
    ros

As we see a rising tide of problems confronting the new Watchtower leadership, and a tidal wave swelling on the horizon, some interesting rumours are starting to trickle out. We are waiting to see what the fallout will be following the DateLine expose' on pedophilia cover-ups, which will undoubtedly lead to exposing the Watchtower's policy to cover up other criminal behavior so as to not "bring reproach on Jehovah's Name." Rumour is that the factions at headquarters are becoming increasingly divided. I make this prediction when the going gets rough in the near future:

The Watchtower faction from the 'old school' will claim to their adherents that it is the foretold persecution, liken it to the 'great tribulation', as a sure sign that Armageddon is 'closer than ever.' Jehovah's Witnesses will be admonished to get out and really sell that literature to find the sheep in the last hours. Like the pre-1975 decade, it could prove to be yet another big money maker.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I think you're onto something and that shows you have been a wise student of WTBS history. I agree. Somehow, those geriatric bishops in Brooklyn will turn this into another doomsday campaign against the world!

I just hope that enough factions develop, and with enough tension and suspicion to cause some real damage this time. If there are any reformists with courage, perhaps an administrative coup d'etat could take place or a complete dismantling of the corporations altogether.

Either way, disbanding the WTBS is a benefit to all.

• Maximus
    Maximus

You're doubtless reading the harbingers in print, km comments, local needs SM programs. Here's the pitch:

"Honest-hearted ones " will see how wonderful JWs really are despite a bit of bad publicity perpetrated by apostates who were disgruntled folk constantly running ahead. Loyal Dubs will know they have been forewarned in the only prophecy the Society has made that's coming to pass!

Hi, Ros; prescient as ever.

Max

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

Ros,

Expect to see the Society change its position on Matthew 24:12:

and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.
    This, no doubt, will soon be applied to within the ranks of JWs rather than the ranks of Christendom.

Cheers,
    Rational

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

How true this has already become. Numbers are down everywhere and attendance is decreasing in all but the poorest of countries.

The internet was the worst thing that could have happened to WTBS!

• ros
    ros

Good point, RW!
    (We WT-apostates sure make it difficult for the WTS to get "new light" from Jehovah first, huh? )

• Mulan
    Mulan

My mother is a semi-invalid and doesn't go to conventions, assemblies, or to the KH. She is on the telephone link for all meetings though. She even comments. Anyway, I know she is out of the loop for lots of news, about the organization, so I assist in her education, in that area.

Recently, I told her about the great decrease in pioneer numbers, and the decrease in the whole world really (she saw that in the yearbook). Her comment was what was posted earlier:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• voltaire
    voltaire

Humans all seem to have the ability to interpret information in such a way as to confirm their present views. The loyal ones will probably, as you have observed, become even more determined. I do hope, however, that those who feel something is wrong, but can't put their finger on it, will have the information they need to make their move. Likely the org. will have to respond in some way in order to prevent a mass exodus. They will deny it, but the pressure will have made its mark. A more moderate org will be better for everyone.

• jurs
    jurs

Does anyone know when this dateline will air ? Will it be on for sure ? I definately don't want to miss it.
    jurs

• metatron
    metatron

I'm curious as to the "other" crimes the Watchtower
    leadership may be involved in. I've wondered about certain
    kinds of fraud, bribery, or financial crimes. It would be
    nice to hit them with a 'one-two' punch!

As to predictions, they will say (like old Greenlees)
    "but we still have the truth!" - they will publish articles
    on a few basics that differenciate themselves - like
    the resurrection and 'Jehovah's name' and the preaching
    work. They will repeat over and over that "Jehovah uses
    imperfect men".

If you want to defeat them, you've got to keep hitting them
    again and again - a centralized command will get worn out
    by relentless guerillas.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest