Question About The Religion

by ImACatholic 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ImACatholic
    ImACatholic

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine. They deny:

1. The Trinity.

2. The Omnipresence of God.

3. The Deity of Christ.

4. The dual nature of Christ.

5. The bodily resurrection of Christ.

6. The visible return of Christ.

7. The person of God the Holy Spirit.

8. The Promise of Heaven to all believers.

9. The necessity of the New Birth for all believers.

10. The Lord's Supper for all believers. (only for the 144,0000).

11. The Eternal Security of the believer.

12. The conscious Eternal Punishment of the lost.

The Bible Teaches the Truth...

1. That God exists in a Trinity of three eternal and co-equal persons: Father (Romans 1:7), Son (John 20:28) and Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3,4 and I John 5:7).

2. Jesus is no less than God in human flesh (Colossians 2:9).

3. God, the Holy Spirit, is the third member of the Holy Trinity (Matt. 28:19; Acts 13:2).

4. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave (John 2:20,21; Luke 24:39).

5. Jesus is visibly coming again to set up His Kingdom on earth (Matt. 24:30; Acts 1:8; Rev. 1:7).

6. Salvation is in the person of Jesus Christ and comes through faith in Him. (Acts 16:31). It's the work of God for man, not a work of man for God (Titus 3:4-6).

7. Jesus was and should be worshipped (John 20:26-28; Matt. 2:10-12, 14:33)

Witnessing to a Witness.

We need to remember that anyone who denies the divinity of Jesus Christ and carries the heavy burden of a false, religious spirit is going to be going through a lot of highs and lows. True believers, empowered by the companionship of God, the Holy Spirit have a constant presence of the Lord about them that seems to act like a magnet at times. I told my son to just be himself with this friend and to keep him in daily prayer. God would draw his friend to a place where he could be reached and given a loving and gentle witness. It has already brought a profound and positive change to their relationship and we pray daily, as a family for this young man and his family.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Welcome to the board. What is your question?

By the way, did you read anything on here before you posted?

Rachel

• scotsman
    scotsman

Hello YouraCatholic

This site is predominantly ex or anti JW. You're singing to the choir (well, half of it).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok, you convinced me. I'll convert.

All Hail Lord Vader!

• hmike
    hmike

Welcome (if you're still checking in).

Are you planning to stick around? We've had a lot of hit-and-run evangelists lately.

• Pole
    Pole
    The Bible Teaches the Truth...

Where did I hear that before?

Pole

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    We need to remember that anyone who denies the divinity of Jesus Christ and carries the heavy burden of a false, religious spirit is going to be going through a lot of highs and lows. True believers, empowered by the companionship of God, the Holy Spirit have a constant presence of the Lord about them that seems to act like a magnet at times. I told my son to just be himself with this friend and to keep him in daily prayer. God would draw his friend to a place where he could be reached and given a loving and gentle witness. It has already brought a profound and positive change to their relationship and we pray daily, as a family for this young man and his family.

sorry, but some of us now believe this is such a load of $#!+ it makes our eyes bleed to see people such as yourself proclaims such beliefs as facts. remember pretending a belief is a fact is called lying.

• Glofishy
    Glofishy

Not that I'm in agreement with a lot of the JW doctrines...but I think Catholics have just enough wrong as far as biblically sound teachings go as the JW's do.

We can start with the prayers to saints and Mary.

Pot, meet Kettle...

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

I'm at an agnostic a stage in my life so I'm pretty cynical. I thnk your fundemental error may be thinking the bible is somehow inspired by God [but I don't knock you for having faith, which is defined in the dictionary as "belief without evidence"]. If the bible is inspried by God, he mellowed a lot about 2000 years ago. If Jesus was God on earth why was he saying "turn the other cheek" where as before it was "kill em, kill em all, eye for an eye etc" Pehaps it was traumatic being born as a person and he developed a little understanding of the human condition??? Does this traumatised state explain why would he call god father [when he was his own father], and pray to god [when he was actually praying to himself] - I can see why you need faith to beleive this. Even my 8 year son who is attending a catholic school has worked out this cannot be right. Hmmmmmmm - trinity - sorry I'm not buying any.

Eternal damnation or heaven?

Wasn't that just the catholic churches scam to keep their member's in fear and poverty, and true beleivers? While the JW's may have "poured water on hell" they have the "die at armagedon with no resurection, or live forever on a paradise earth" which is ment to keep the poor publisher JW's in fear, and poverty, and true beleivers!

At least the last Pope said sorry and admitted their had been some mistakes, I don't see the witnesses Govening Body saying sorry, no the light just gets brighter [or blinks as pointed out on this site]. BUT I can not agree with the Pope forbidding the preists to marry [their is NO biblical basis for this], nor the stance on contraception. Does the zero population growth in Italy [90%+ Catholic] mean that the rythym method of contraception works when you are near the Pope, but in the Philippines [90%+ Catholic] it doesn't work as they are too far away? Or do the Italian Catholics use the pill and condoms?

I have read in the Philippines in full page adverts sponsored by the Catholic church [Cardinal Sin! - I'm not joking] undermining the government efforts to get the people to use contraception [for birth control], and condoms [for disease control]. Does a good confession and a couple of hail mary's will help some poor woman infected with Aids from unprotected sex - oh that's right it saves her imortal soul from hell. I tell my Filippino catholic friends that they should send a fax to the pope along the lines of "God said to go forth and multilply and fill the earth... Great news, Philippines is fill, please send further instructions".

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Yeah, what is your question?

I'm not sure whether I'm agnostic or atheist, but I definitely don't believe in your god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit