Name Some Trivial Things That Are Big Deals To JWs

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In the 80's, any mention by the President of a "new order" created goosebumps for JWs.

• Chia
    Chia

I never had the grand privilege of chaperoning, but my brother did once. He was just a child, probably 11 or 12. He says the house was a mess when they got there. The GF cooked spaghetti and meatballs and gave him ginger ale to drink. My brother swore up and down that she drugged his food, because he was knocked out. When he woke up, it was 2 hours later, the house was spotless, and the girl came out of the bedroom and said, "We couldn't bear to wake you up...you looked so peaceful!" He felt so guilty. But who gets an 11-year old as a chaperone anyway?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    But who gets an 11-year old as a chaperone anyway?

Someone very horny.

But really CHia, was this the same girl who gave you Benadryl out in service?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I remember sometimes getting a ride to the KH (when I was 12 or 13) by my friend's 22 year old brother and how it was a big deal to some people. Even though the KH was only a couple miles away and my 17 year-old sister was there also. So let's see--it was maybe a ten minute ride. My parents were not JWs so I needed a ride.

• Chia
    Chia
    But really CHia, was this the same girl who gave you Benadryl out in service?

LOL, Rich, no! Completely separate occasions. But maybe the girl put Benadryl in my brother's food! Incidentally, her and the brother are married and have 3 children, but everyone was devastated because they felt she wasn't good enough for him, that she was a shameless tramp and that he could've been a CO if he'd had the right wife. Ah well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit