Parent Conversation

by mapleaf18 4 Replies latest jw friends

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

I called my super-dub parents last night and it was totally depressing. They had just gotten back from Toronto visiting relatives and all they could say was my cousin's husband "wasn't doing anything about da troof." It was all i could do to keep from saying "well at least he doesn't beat her like my JW hubby did. . ."

It was sickening because that is their MAIN focus ALWAYS! Like they are some sort of meter keeping track of everyone's field service and meeting attendance!

• TheListener
    TheListener

I know it's hard, but remember, the truth is the only thing that keeps super dubs going. They are firmly convinced that without the truth you will die for all eternity. That concept will make you pressure someone pretty hard before you let them 'fall out of the truth'.

Depressing? I agree. After visiting super dub relatives I need to take a shower.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

That's pretty much a universal problem. Everytime I run into a dub that I haven't seen in a while, that is always the jist of the conversation. When I tell them that my 2 older children don't want anything to do with the truth, it's that same ole, "ah, we're so sorry, don't give up on them". Inside, I'm yippee, that's 2 less that I have to convince.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Like they are some sort of meter keeping track of everyone's field service and meeting attendance!

I'm convinced a big draw about this religion or at least a reason to stay in it is the moral superiority it endows members with, imaginary though it is.

Where are you from BTW?

• Es
    Es

Oh yeah i so know what your talking bout, my folks do it to me all the time its like they have forgotten how to converse without bringing up jehovah and the holy spirit es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit