Working on a Help Desk...

by misspeaches 2 Replies latest social humour

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Here I shall chronicle the annoying ridiculous calls, my 4 colleagues and events of my work - the Help desk.

10am - Another stupid phone call from female client who needs her password reset for the 3rd time in 12 hours.

10.03am - 3rd party calls my extension for colleague 1 as they can't reach him. Colleague 1 is away from his desk again perving on the window washer. (who isn't a JW oddly enough)

10.06am - Colleagues 1 boyfriend calls my phone because he can't reach colleague 1 and colleague 1 hasn't replied to boyfriends emails.

10.08am - Still trying to record that stupid female client had to have her password reset but unable due to damn phone never stop ringing.

10.14am - Client wants an application acount created. Client wants to know if there is someway of getting around having to fill out the form request. Advised client to fill out form and send it in. (Grrrrrr)

10.19am - Colleague 2 tells client that there is nothing she can do. clients boss rings up to tell me off for not helping. I explain it wasn't me. Dobbed on colleague 2 to supervisor.

10.26am - Client wants to surf the net but can't remember his password. oh dear the business impact is dire.. NOT. Advise client to wait and it will be sent to him in an e-mail. Will send password tomorrow.

10.30am - Draft procedure up to how to manage e-mail requests arriving at helpdesk. All 4 colleagues are agreeable to 1) not handing off email to colleagues who are on lunch breaks 2) not handing off email when colleagues are offsite on project work 3) if you are busy and assigned to look after mail ask someone else to look after it.

10.45am - Go up to colleague 3 and ask them why there are 7 emails in inbox. Ask colleague 3 if they have a short term memory issue and either get back to desk or ask someone to look after it.

10.47am - Colleague 1 interrupts me to tell me there is a lot of chocolate around these days

10.52am - Boyfriend rings to tell me he loves me. A welcome distraction.

10.55am - return to working on job application for a new job

11.10am finally complete job application. The silver lining is shining for me!

11.13am Colleague 2 interrupts me to tell me she thinks things are busy today because Colleague 3 & 4 haven't been logging on the phones much.

11.15am - Colleague 4 claims he is tired. Suggests he go sleep under Colleague 1's desk as he is not at it very much.

11.16am - Decide to stick peices of paper all around my windows near my desk to stop Colleague 1 stopping to talk about blah blah blah everytime he passes it.

11.18am - cut finger on scissors cutting paper for windows to appropiate sizes. Threaten colleague 3 that I will wipe my blood oh his desk. Colleague 3 gets me a bandaid.

11.22am - Colleague 4 shows me picture of ugly person in newspaper. grab paper and hold it to colleague 4 face and make kissy noises. Colleague 2 sings song about colleague 4 being in love with ugly person.

11.24am - Get a diet coke from social club fridge. Note that stocks are running low and advise supervisor to fill it up. Supervisor goes to get more diet coke...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

and you get paid to have that much fun? LOL

i worked returns desk at a dept store before.. had to answer the phones and deal with irate customers..it was always ..............interesting .

• John Doe
    John Doe
    10.26am - Client wants to surf the net but can't remember his password. oh dear the business impact is dire.. NOT. Advise client to wait and it will be sent to him in an e-mail. Will send password tomorrow.

Ha ha. This is similar to a written instruction manual for a blind person. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit