Cool little article from Richard Dawkins

by Gollum 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gollum
    Gollum

I know, I know, the evolution vs creation thing has been flogged to death lately, but I thought this was a great article, with the standard level of Dawkins sarcasm, which used to irritate the hell out of me when I was a dub, and now I just love it.

On a side note, I've given up and resorted to IE when going to this site. I miss my beloved firefox already, sniff, sniff.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Nice one, he's always worth reading.

He's obviously had a bad experience in Kansas though, was he bitten on the bum by a rabid creationist there or something?

ig.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

thanks gollum!

which used to irritate the hell out of me when I was a dub, and now I just love it.

same here. amazing hey?

• doogie
    doogie

ig:

He's obviously had a bad experience in Kansas though, was he bitten on the bum by a rabid creationist there or something?

kansas is currently 're-assessing' their science curriculum:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/05/15/kansas.evolution.ap/index.html

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

freakin brilliant. I love that man. We lost Carl Sagan, but there are still a few around.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Mystics exult in mystery and want it to stay mysterious.

Not all of them, necessarily.

S

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    "In order to live in this science-dominated world, you have to be able to discriminate between science and non-science," said Alan Leshner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. "

amen.

so a bunch of conservative kansans want to redefine science? sounds reasonable.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Cheers Doogie, mystery solved.

ig.

• hooberus
    hooberus
    As the Religious Right tries to ban the teaching of evolution in Kansas, Richard Dawkins speaks up for scientific logic

I think that even the first sentence gives a misleading impression.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Photosynthesis is just chemistry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit