Cinderella Man

by pratt1 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• pratt1
    pratt1

I saw this movie last night and it was great.

Ron Howard has definitely got a hit on his hands.

Russell and Renee were great!

2 thumbs up.

• catchthis
    catchthis

Of all the movies I've seen this year, this one will win Best Picture hands down.

Awesome movie.

• delilah
    delilah

I love Russell Crowe, and I love boxing....my daughter boxed for 3 years....so.....thanx for the thumbs up....will definitely see it this weekend....

Delilah

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I heard it wasnt doing too well

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, then, we are just going to have to go out and support it.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Russell- Neanderthal-Crowe is my guilty secret - oh russy baby!

Anyway - interesting fact (well I think it is) the scenes shot in New York were actually shot in Toronto - our taxi driver told us on the way to the airport. So a big thank you to Wing Wong for that snippet!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I liked it too.............. Good story about a real person in real times. The Depression of the 30's was tough on many...Braddock (by many accounts) held his head up and kept his dignity and family.

~Hill

• catchthis
    catchthis

Personally, if you compare this with other "award winning" boxing movies, I thought it was better than both Rocky and Million Dollar Baby.

• morty
    morty

I have a little story to share about this movie...

A lot of this movie was made in Toronto Ont...My children and I happen to be in Toronto last year for 6 weeks right where they were making this movie. We would sit and watch deferent parts for about 2 of those six weeks while we stayed in the same hotel has Russell( I am sure he was in the pent house, and I wasn’t)...I remember standing/sitting out there for hours with the boys out on the side walk and watch all the old cars drive by and most of all watch for a quick glimpse of Russell.( Which by the way, I got to see many nights...*insert wide grin*.) ....

My youngest son got asked to be an extra in the movie...I guess cause we were there every night for a couple of weeks, they had noticed him and needed more smaller children has extras....He was tickled pink and so was I...

The main fights in the movie are also filmed in Maple leaf Gardens downtown Toronto....Like Delila, my son also boxes so this was a great movie to be part of...The referee that reffed all the fights is also from London Ont. He has reffed my sons few fights...he and my son now have a lot to chat about except he has a nice leather jacket and boxing bag from the movie signed by the crew and my son only has a t-shirt...

It was an experience my son will never forget and a bit of money in his pocket....he sure did not make the money Russell did but has some amazing memories...we are still waiting for our copy of the movie in the mail....I have not saw the movie yet cause I have not been up to par lately but my son’s have...He made 2 parts of 4.2 seconds in two scenes and was sooooo excited...

Now he is waiting for his Academy Award.....

Just thought I would share........

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sounds fab Morty! What a great holiday!

Hope you are feeling better and that the movie arrives soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit