The Story of Uncle Malcolm

by katiekitten 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

ha haha ah ha hahahah ah ah good joke!! (please say its not true - gulp )

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

A witness and a Crumpet

I've never heard of "Crumpet" as a surname before. My ghast could barely be more flabbered...

ig.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Aunty Jean choked on a sausage and died.

Well, call me old sobersides, but I found this story sad , On holiday too. I hope they got a refund! Poor old Uncle, lost and bereaved tragically casting a wide net for a replacement "chief cook and bottlewasher". Still, he seemed to fall on his feet in the end. I have known a few witness men to re marry very quickly. I do not know enough people outside to say if that is a common thing

Truth to tell, in our youth every congo had an Aunty Nellie, or Ada or Beatrice. Large as a house totally dottyand as zealous for the cause as their enourmous old legs would carry them.

They may be crackers but they were genuine, eccentric people , usually with a heart of gold. Having given it their all they were victims of the Borg in a big way

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Sort of sad, but Aunty Jean led a rotten life, she was old and ill, and that ole sausage gave her sweet release (not that its my place to say whether she wanted sweet release, but she sure did look tired).

And Uncle Malcolm was a pretty spiteful old git, so I dont feel too bad making gentle humour at them.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    They may be crackers but they were genuine, eccentric people , usually with a heart of gold. Having given it their all they were victims of the Borg in a big way

Definately...all the humour I show is good natured...and whilst I find it funny I respected Auntie Nellie (even though sometimes I did doubt her sanity...I mean talking to yourself is one thing but her talking to the invisible man in the fireplace I found hard to keep a straight face)

DB74

• chris1525
  • chris1525
    chris1525

I have to say every word that Katie (Hi Lou) has said about Uncle Malc and Aunty Jean is totally true. I was in the same cong. The two sons, Andrew & John I beleive, bear an uncanny resemblance to the Proclaimers (geeky Scottish twins, popular group in the 80's for those not in the know).

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I have to say every word that Katie (Hi Lou) has said about Uncle Malc and Aunty Jean is totally true. I was in the same cong. The two sons, Andrew & John I beleive, bear an uncanny resemblance to the Proclaimers (geeky Scottish twins, popular group in the 80's for those not in the know).

Which reminds me...(althought it does have much to do with the thread); everytime anyone on the platform mentioned the proclaimers book I couldnt keep a straight face together...as most of us of the same age group couldnt either...we just couldnt get the tune of 'letter from america' out of our heads....didnt help when i would hum it under my breath either during the meeting but that was me....immature but funny at the time....

Come on I was only 18 at the time!!!!!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Katie....your ancedotes and stories the past month or so you have been here have made me laugh so much. It's great that you are here!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit