Which Is Better?

by MerryMagdalene 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What if you don't put on fronts, and just act as you are, but people interpret that (subjectively) as something different from that which you think you represent?
    Should you go to pains to come across in the manner you think best represents your "real" self, or just leave them to their interpretation and enjoy their acceptance?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    What if you don't put on fronts, and just act as you are, but people interpret that (subjectively) as something different from that which you think you represent?
    Should you go to pains to come across in the manner you think best represents your "real" self, or just leave them to their interpretation and enjoy their acceptance?

I say leave people to their own interpretation if they are fine with that then all well and good, if they subsequently discover that you are not what they thought and then they reject you, equally this is good too, being true to yourself is key here, whereas pretence and duplicity are meaningless and shallow.

Id would sooner be without people in my life for the right reasons as opposed to have people in my life for the wrong, hence why I faded from the witnesses.

Personally I am who I am, if people accept me fine, if they dont, thats cool too...either way I am me and no longer a yes man or a sheep.

DB74

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Sometimes I actually have to force myself to stay true to myself, because Merry as you said we naturally desire to be accepted, but if it goes against me, though I may not like the rejection I cannot go against who I am - This is why after 28 years in the borg and recently having left I have NO FRIENDS - okay their is ONE whole friend. And ja meeting people at pubs/clubs doesn't usually produce the kind of friendships one wants to cultivate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit