Grace, and JWs

by josephus 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• josephus
    josephus

hi

im studying a lot nowadays, and am finding the teaching of Grace to be really wonderfull.

the idea of god forgiving us so freely, is great.

but ive been trying to remember the jws teachings on it. i cant ever remember the word grace being used, much less the idea of this teaching.

speaking for myself, all i remember was a deep sense of guilt. along with the thought that god would never allow me to survive armagedon.

did your halls teach grace ? or was mine unusual ?

i understand a lot here are atheists, but i get so much comfort from grace, i am constantly glad ive left the witnesses, and sorry for those still in it.

josephus

• jgnat
    jgnat

The JW's rejected the word "grace" as too Christendom-ish. Do you remember the teachings on "undeserved kindness"? You will find all your old teachings there. We've had a few threads on it, but do you think I can find them?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Here is a thread you might be interested in

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/89865/1504921/post.ashx#1504921

purps

• mad max
    mad max

Ya its underserved kindness. Oh I just cannot tell you how I feel about GRACE, I am still finding out all about it. ITS WONDERFUL.

One is not under LAW but under GRACE. Do yourself a favour get the books by Steve McVey, he has about 4 books that talks about Grace, it BLEW my mind, what a writer, fantastic, well for me that is, as I am still very, very new to the whole Grace thing.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ah Grace.....saying the word alone brings so much peace.

The witnesses never taught grace, they substituted that word for underserved Kindness which steals away the true meaning of God's Grace.

I'm sure you realise I've left the witnesses and now follow no faith - I worship God in Spriti & Truth. When I started on my new walk - I used to feel so guilty about stuff & asked God to show me His truth and to comfort me - I knew to turn to Romans 6: 12 - 15 and low and behold I read in the NIV "that you no longer fall under the law but are now under Grace"

By honestly taking Christ into your life-he lives in you and through you - grace flows from him and refreshes your soul everyday - the joy - the relief is an amazing thing. By his grace you are forgiven of past, present and future sins. By grace you are victorious in your walk. By grace you are righteous.

Now, and this is so truthful..... because of the relief I feel I truly sleep so much better, have more focus in my life, rely on God letting him work through me. I don't worry that I don't know everything because I live by grace.....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There is no grace in the JW system. It is "undeserved kindness", which means we don't deserve it, and must prove ourselves worthy to Jehovah through our worship (e.g. going door to door, attending meetings, obeying the dictates of the organization, etc.), and if we are worthy then we survive Armageddon and have a chance at proving ourselves again in the millenium; if we are not worthy, then we are destroyed.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I understand that the term undeserved kindness is more accurate; having said that, the term well suits the heavy handed approach of the WTS which teaches that you're only as good as your last report.

Grace on the other hand expresses the whole nature of it being freely given.

Amazing Grace!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit