Guess who came to my door Saturday morning?

by Nosferatu 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

..... Burton Cummings! He said that he likes my music and will do everything in his power to get me a recording contract! So we sat and had a few beers, and shot the BS for a while.

Yeah right, I wish.

It was actually the not so musically talented JWs who came to my door. Here's how it went...

I was sitting outside on my front step, having my morning cigarette and caffeine. I had just had a shower, so I felt nice and clean. My appearance said otherwise. I was unshaven, my long hair was tied back, and I was wearing a muscle shirt with my tattoo in full view.

Anyway, I looked down the street and saw two ladies walking, dressed in ankle length skirts. One was carrying a bookbag, and the other was carrying a two year old child. I knew who they were. JWs are easy to spot from a mile away.

So I sat there, hoping they would come to my door. At that moment, I started mentally preparing my presentation for them.

I waited for a bit, and lit another cigarette. a 4 door Nissan drives around the corner, filled with people and stops in front of my neighbor's house. Four adults and one child get out and go their separate ways to work my territory. I recognized one of them. She is the wife of a former elder. I began hoping for the couple that I didn't know. I knew that I wouldn't use my presentation on the one I knew, because I would risk jeopardizing the relationship I have with my mother.

So, two JWs begin working my street. By now, the other pair had slowly walked back to the car to wait. They called on my next door neighbor who turned them away. They then slowly walked toward my house. I was going to get the JW that I knew.

They begin approaching and start some small talk about the weather. I remained friendly. The JW I knew didn't recognize me. Hell, I wouldn't have recognized me either. It's been 9 years since I left the JWs.

So, the JW I knew starts going into her presentation:

"We're just calling on people this morning to discuss the world conditions. Things are continuing to get worse in this day, and was wondering if you think there'll ever be a time when we'll live in a peaceful world?"

I said, "I think you don't remember me".

She paused for a moment, then said "Oh Nos! Of course I remember you! It's been a long time, how have you been?"

So, I ended up getting into just normal chit chat with her about house prices, how nice my neighborhood is, etc etc. The only thing she said that was Watchtower related was, "I guess you get all the magazines from your mother." I just agreed, and the subject was again dropped by her. She concluded by saying, "Well, next time we're in the neighborhood, we'll stop in and say hi."

Yeah right. That's a load of shit. I've been door to door, and I don't ever remember stopping in on someone who used to attend meetings just because we were in the neighborhood.

After they left, I sat there and started thinking how goddam lucky I am. This JW lady has aged 10 years, and she's still pounding the pavement. I've aged maybe 5 years, and I'm enjoying my life. I no longer have to attend JW meetings, nor do I have to irritate people on Saturday morning instead of sleeping in.

For the next few minutes, I just sat there enjoying my caffeine, and the nature that surrounds my house. Damn, I'm smart. Damn, I'm happy!

• Soledad
    Soledad

aren't Saturday mornings wonderful?

• Preston
    Preston
    It was actually the not so musically talented JWs who came to my door.

I can't wait for Burton to write some ...(((better)))...lyrics for them

- Preston

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

That is such a feel good story (contented sigh).

I always feel so sorry for dubs I used to know that I have to shun them! in case they see how happy I am, and it makes them sad in a way they dont understand.

And I pretend I dont know them if they serve me in McDonalds ha haha ah ahah ahahah ahah hahahah ha

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Nos,

Anytime I see women with ankle length skirts and bookbags, I always point them out to my hubby. He always says, "How do you know that they're JWs?" You really can spot them a mile away.

Glad your experience was at least positive. I just smile, listen to their comments, and nod a lot. I've noticed that nowadays, they don't do much to engage you in a conversation. Back when I was a JW, you were taught to overcome conversation stoppers and not let people go until they pretty much slammed the door in your face. Not anymore. The last two JWs that came to my door didn't even ask me any questions, let alone give me a chance to slam the door. LOL

Andi

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I can't wait for Burton to write some ...(((better)))...lyrics for them

American Worldling! Stay away from meee-heee
    American Worldling! Jehovah protects meee-heee

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Anyway, I looked down the street and saw two ladies walking, dressed in ankle length skirts. One was carrying a bookbag, and the other was carrying a two year old child. I knew who they were. JWs are easy to spot from a mile away.

Jws love this as they can point to just their presense out and about as "giving a witness".

I'm going to the bathroom to vomit now....

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Jws love this as they can point to just their presense out and about as "giving a witness".

What they don't realize is that we "identify" JWs a mile away, the way people can immediately identify the crazy cat lady in a new neighborhood. We cross the street to avoid her.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That was awesome Nos. I hope one day they find me in their field service.. I promise it'll be the most interesting call they ever get. haha.

GBL

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Way to go. You didn't blow your cover. Good job.

PS: Be careful about sitting on your porch smoking. We have a guy like that in the neighborhood and one day I was making neighbor chat with him when my mother informed me he might be demonized, what with his sin sticks and all... Are you demonized?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit