A controlled zombie for 32 years

by JohnHag 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JohnHag
    JohnHag

Thats right a controlled zombie-How could i have so stupid? How could i give up my father & mother-How could i give up all my friends?When i look in the mirror i see an old man that is no longer young--And they still are not out of my life--They still come by and leave magazines---I dont want to be mean--But they just dont get it--After reading about the 2 books by Ray Franz and reading Diane Wilson:s book---There probably is a few more bomb shell books that will come out--Maybe we havent heard anything yet--Who knows whats around the corner lol..You might be in for a shock-I heard that in the hall i used to go to no longer announces the attendance--Could it be a trend that will go throughout the world? I have even heard of kingdom halls beeing sold-Also in their new book- they wont be having all these investigations of the flock--They will just announce from the plat form that john doe is no longer a jehovah witness---That is better--It saves a lot of stress and nonsense--Maybe the jerks are doing something that makes sense for a change--That will break my heart to say i am no longer a jehovah witness----thanks Hag

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am sure there will be a lot more scandals coming out in the future and what was already revealed is only the tip of the ice berg, EG we don't know what they do with all the billions of dollars that they handle each year. They proved to be far too dishonest so as not to have a lot more dirty secrets in the pipeline.

As for leaving parents and friends remember the disgusting lie they tell people: you will find a lot more of these in the org plus eternal life, yet you find none.

• luna2
    luna2

JohnHag, I've been asking myself those very questions. It's painful for me to look back on all the years I wasted on this cult...as well as the less than optimum childhood it engendered for my sons. The regret I have is intense.

I have been trying to remember some of the good times in addition to all the rotten stuff, though. There was a reason we stuck around all those years, some need that we got at least partially fulfilled. It helps when I get too down on myself to know that what they teach is very seductive and, unless you are familiar with cult tactics and brainwashing techniques, its hard to realize what is happening.

I would imagine that there are more skeletons that will be revealed as time goes on. It was most interesting to me how the PO's son in my first congregation came back after two years at Bethel, left the JW's and moved far away from home. Rather than being an "upbuilding" experience for him, service at Bethel catapulted him straight out of the org.

What stunned me when I finally started looking at "apostate" stuff online was that there were disgusting things going on from the very beginning of this organization. I like to think that if I'd done some research on Russell and Rutherford, I would never have been sucked in.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's correct if people were educated about and gained an awareness of the real history of this cult they wouldn't fall for its deceptive charms.

• lawrence
    lawrence

John-

Life can begin anew today for you and everybody else on this board who feels the regrets that Luna2 does regarding children raised in that madhouse called the WTS. John - my mother (non JW) always said, where there's life there's hope - no need to look back, be thankful for being able to think on your own today without a JC asking questions or a few elders snooping.

peace and blessings

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

There probably is a few more bomb shell books that will come out--Maybe we havent heard anything yet--Who knows whats around the corner lol..

I am sure there will be a lot more scandals coming out in the future and what was already revealed is only the tip of the ice berg,

We can only hope! There was a thread about 2-3 weeks ago about a "very important brother" being asked to leave HQ. He worked in the computer dept. if I remember correctly. Haven't heard any more about it though.

(edited) I found the link..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/90637/1.ashx

I would imagine that there are more skeletons that will be revealed as time goes on. It was most interesting to me how the PO's son in my first congregation came back after two years at Bethel, left the JW's and moved far away from home. Rather than being an "upbuilding" experience for him, service at Bethel catapulted him straight out of the org.

About 12 years ago, a pioneer brother from my old KH went to WT farm. He didn't last a year! He got so disgusted with things there that he doesn't have anything to do with the religion anymore. His comment to a family member of mine was that the whole org. is a bunch of BS. He only lives about 6 miles from me and I'd love to run into him some day. Problem is.....his wife is a good little dub.

HappyDad

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I was duped for 11 years myself. I try not to look back with regrets but to look forward with pure glee because I got the wake up call and so many people I cared about are still under their spell. I hope with the internet more people will investigate the WTBTS. People do get curious when a high profile dub leaves the org. Now the truth about 'da troof' is just a click away.

• JGraves
    JGraves

JohnHag, tek heart, I was a witness for 32 years too (born into the religion) recently got disfellowshipped and asked to also be withdrawn as a member because of the *proven* association the WatchTower Bible and Tract society had with the UN. This document on the UN webpage proves it:

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

My full factual account is told here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/90986/1.ashx

Love/Peace

Jason

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings JohnHag,

Same as you, I was a very active jdub for 26 years. (Made it all the way to Menstral Servant.) Like you too, I, ignored much of what you perceive to be valuable today. It's a shame that we cannot bill that damn cult for the time it stole from us. It would also be orgiastic to send a bill those stupid-arse elders/storm troopers, who incessantly promote, and spoon-feed those dopey "sheep" the edicts of the WTBTS.

Dismembered

• Ticker
    Ticker

I Too was duped into their thinking for 25 years, its depressing to think of the wasted years and emotional manipulation and abuse, but I just count my blessings that I was able to get free of the matrix. Swallowed the right pill I guesse.

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit