Time to come out?

by catchthis 10 Replies latest jw friends

• catchthis
    catchthis

For years I've been wondering if I should do this or not. There are only a handful(ok, maybe more than a handful) that know who I am and what I look like and who I used to post as. Let's just say that I got my start here on Simon's board roughly a day or two after it opened and was associated with H2O even further back. Back then, I was kind of on the fence not knowing which way to fall. I was extremely apologetic while on H2O and even carried a bit of that over to here. I was born and raised "in the truth." Was baptized at 18. Yes I know, I was a late bloomer.

Over thirty two years have passed since I was born and now I will have been DF'd for four months come tomorrow. It's amazing how much time I devoted to this organization. But from far back as I can remember, I never had the absolute zeal of climbing the religio-corporate ladder. It surely wasn't due to my upbringing. My mother made sure of that. She would have been more than joyous to see me go off to bethel. But even in my teenage years, I never really had the desire to go there. I wasn't all that bad growing up. Sure, I had a few moments during my adolescent years(who doesn't?), but all in all I was a pretty good kid.

I was raised in a few places. I was born in San Diego and lived in SE Iowa for a few years a little bit after I was born. Came back to San Diego where I stayed until I was 20. Went to CO for seven years or so, TX for about two years, back to CO, and then to MI where I am at now. I do not have the desire to move back to San Diego again. Visiting is ok, but moving is out of the question. CO would be alright, but it would have to be back up in the high country again. Denver/Springs is out. Too many people moving there. Waaaay overcrowded. MI is just right.

I've been in the following congregations throughout my life:

• Alpine, CA
    • Valley, El Cajon CA
    • Fairfield, IA
    • Monument, CO
    • Silverthorne, CO
    • Greenwood Village, CO
    • Dickinson, TX
    • Lansing West, MI

Surprisingly, of all the places I've lived, I have only been in 8 different congregations in my life. I do not plan on posting my name. But if anyone recognizes me from my picture and/or congregation(s) attended, please do not hesitate to drop me a line via PM. Even if you are lurking and are still a witness, I won't tell anyone that you contacted me. I am merely hoping to make contact with old friends that may have drifted away from the organization. I really want to know if there is anyone that remembers me from the last 32 years. Even if it is only one person, that would be incredible.

(and no, I am not bald!)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey catchthis,

i enjoyed reading your story.

best wishes in your future,

TS

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Cool! I don't recognize you but that would be awesome if someone did. I often wondered how many people I may actually know on here....

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I want and ENCOURAGE someone to tell me if they know me... I think it would be cool to have my very own apostafriend... SO- anybody recognize this mug?

<-----------?

• catchthis
    catchthis
    I often wondered how many people I may actually know on here....

I've wondered that from the beginning myself. I figure that if there are others out there that are lurking like I did when I first started to question things, there must be hundreds if not thousands who read this board just biding their time before posting. A couple of years back, a "brother" came here and I recognized him from his picture. We had gone to the same hall in El Cajon, CA. Funny.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

catchthis and Ritchierich- nope, sorry, I don't know either of you, but that would have been incredibly cool!

I had the happy experience of bumping into an old friend on this board, about the time I started posting. I hadn't seen this person in maybe 12 years, but they'd given enough details about their life (and heck, they just talked a lot like my old friend) that I sent a pm, and lo and behold, it was the same person! That rocked.

I still keep hoping my brother will start posting here, too. C'mon, bro, we don't bite!

I've lived in:

the midcoast Maine area,

Hertford, North Carolina,

Austin/Bastrop/Smithville Texas

Norfolk, VA.

Anybody here who might have known me?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I am pretty sure that one of the mods on this board lives in my general area. Sent them a PM once about a post they made and only someone from this area could know about what the mod stated.

Sure wish they would have answered my PM but I guess they want to be very careful who they give info to.

HappyDad

• fairchild
    fairchild

I hope you don't mind if I add the KHalls I went to for several years in this thread.

Gent, Belgium

Boonville, NY USA

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I want and ENCOURAGE someone to tell me if they know me... I think it would be cool to have my very own apostafriend... SO- anybody recognize this mug?

I recognise you. You're the guy with the pissed off look and perpetual yawn that toured Bethel last month with a bus load of hard-core dubs.

I am not trying to hijack your thread. Just couldn't resist letting Richie know.

• catchthis
    catchthis

Just a shameless bttt to see if anyone recognizes my pic or any of the congregations listed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit