is the end really near?...or am i paranoid?

by kittyeatzjdubs 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

matt can't go to bed without the radio on, so he had it on a liberal political news station last night. the topic they were discussing gave me a twinge of paranoia and i was hoping that maybe some of you could help me out here....they were talking about how religion is playing a big part in the war in iraq and everything. and that made the little mom voice go off in my head...''i'm telling you jobeth. these politicians are going to get tired of these religions, and that's the first thing that's fortold to lead to the end...'' u know the prophecy where it says that the nations will outlaw all religion, and then they'll see that the jdubs are still in business and then armageddon will hit when they try to destroy the jdubs?....

i don't know why this is worrying me all of a sudden....but any comfort in this matter would be appreciated.

luv, jojo

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Outlawing religions is a JDub phophesy not a biblical one.

Ask yourself...how many JDub prophesies have come true? Oh, that's right NONE!

• Daunt
    Daunt

Plus, politicians love religion too much to get rid of it. That's their main support, especially in undeveloped nations.

• doogie
    doogie
    that's the first thing that's fortold to lead to the end

yeah, like EF said. ask her where that "prophecy" is in the bible. i doubt she'll even give you a scripture...just a watchtower reference. it's just as disjointed a reading of vaious unrelated scriptures as the rest of their "prophecies". (i hope they're right though, and they are eventually outlawed! that'd be hilarious!)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I no longer listen to talk radio. blah blah blah blah blah. It angers me and sometimes presses the same fear and paranoia button. But it really is just blah blah blah blah blah.

It seems that fear-mongering is the government's path these days. It's been a religious tool for centuries. Fear for our national security. Fear the terrorists. Fear the devil and hell. Fear jehovah. Fear the government. Blah blah blah blah.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Nothing's going to happen. We are all going to grow old (hopefully) and die one day. Mankind may eventually blow themselves up. Have a good time and smell the flowers, while you still can.

GBL

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

How many wars have NOT been about religion? No matter how far back you go, religious beleifs have been one of the major motivators in wars, even something as simple as everybody thinking "god is with us".

It's all been done before. Governments have risen and fallen since the dawn of time, it's just easier for people to think something larger than human nature is behind it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Outlawing religions is a JDub phophesy not a biblical one.

Yup, it is based on their flawed interpretation of "Babylon the Great" as religion in general (historically derived from the Reformist belief that Babylon represented Roman Catholicism, which itself is based on the original concept that Babylon represented Rome), which is alien to the context which clearly identifies Babylon with Rome (e.g. "The woman you saw is the great city which has authority over all the rulers on earth", 17:18). The oracle is part of the wider Nero redivivus tradition of the late first century which expected that Nero redivivus (the "Beast") will return to destroy Rome.

Anyway, if anything we are witnessing the opposite development, most certainly in the administration of George Bush which has promulgated a Christian right-wing agenda....the JW prophecy made more logical sense during the Cold War, when Communist regimes were indeed outlawing traditional faiths or regulating them. That era is over, and it is fantasy to think that this country will invade every Islamic country to stamp out Islam. The theocratic Islamic governments will of course not do this themselves...and it is likewise fantasy to think the UN has any ability or motive to do this as well.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    i don't know why this is worrying me all of a sudden....but any comfort in this matter would be appreciated.

Dear Jojo,

Would you like to go to the root of the problem and learn a way to drastically reduce worry now and in the future?

Sit for a while with this "worrying" and watch it. See how it is thoughts/memories/story which are triggering tensions in the body, which trigger the emotions. Sit and watch in this way, many times, as many times as is needed for you to clearly see the dynamics of inner worry and turmoil. Do not judge or condemn these dynamics, just patiently, gently and silently watch and learn.

When you clearly see how worry comes together, you will then have the ability to choose not to go there. When the worry program starts again, when future circumstances motivate it, you will be more aware of the signals of body tension and emotional contraction, and just by seeing this the worry melts away. You have revealed that the emperor wears no cloths.

At times things will arise which you should be concerned about and require your attention. Your deeper awareness and clarity will make these easier to deal with.

j

• Gerard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit