the forgotten 607 date! (sorry)

by Cordelia 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

hey everyone sirona pointed out to me today that i had not repilied on the thread i started on the last page about the 607 date. truth is i forgot!

i think id had a drink when i put it on, coz i almost started another the other day! (thread that is, not drink!)and i know you are all pretty overdosed on that one by now!

but i have almost read through it all and wrote down scriptures to check (that would be fantastic to prove its wrong actually from the bible)

so i just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who posted on it (except maybe scholar!) and cant believe i didnt go straight back to it, sorry again, love cordy x

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Have you read the Gentile Times Reconsidered yet?

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

not yet where abouts is that?

i am really interseted in this kind of stuff coz i was always 'big' on phropecy, thats why i almost started a thread about 607 again!

thanks for repling x

• nicolaou
  • jula71
    jula71
    so i just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who posted on it (except maybe scholar!)

Well Cord, I would like to thank scholar for posting. He shows just how ridiculous the argument FOR 607 really is, based on nothing. He made my resolve in believing I'm doing the right thing that much stronger.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Cordelia,

Please read the book Gentiles Times Reconsidered. It uses many lines of evidence to disprove 607. One of those lines is the bible itself. You can disprove 607 without getting all grammatical and historical.

I found a quote in the Isaiah I book in a footnote (can't remember page right now) where the society is talking about the captivity of Tyre by Babylon and says that the 70 years of captivity was evidently the length of time Babylon was in power and that different nations came under their control at different times.

If anyone can find that footnote and post it I would be most greatful.

• Kaput
    Kaput

TheListener;

I come up with paragraph 21, pg. 253, vol. I of the Isaiah's Prophecy book. Sound right?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Scholar helped me get out of the Watchtower when I did. He's a great man.

GBL

• Sheri
    Sheri

Isaiah's Prophecy Vol. 1, page 253, paragraph 21

Isaiah goes on to prophesy: "It must occur in that day that Tyre must be forgotten seventy years, the same as the days of one king." (Isaiah 23:15a) Following the destruction of the mainland city by the Babylonians, the island-city of Tyre will "be forgotten". True to the prophecy, for the duration of "one King"-the Babylonian Empire-the island-city of Tyre will not be an important financial power. Jehovah, through Jeremiah, includes Tyre among the nations that will be singled out to drink the wine of His rage. He says: "These nations will have to serve the king of Babylon seventy years." (Jeremiah 25:8-17, 22, 27) True, the island-city of Tyre is not subject to Babylon for a full 70 years, since the Babylonian Empire falls in 539 B.C.E. Evidently, the 70 years represents the period of Babylonia's greatest domination-when the Babylonian royal dynasty boast of having lifted its throne even above "the stars of God" (Isaiah 14:13) Different nations come under that domination at different times. But at the end of 70 years, that domination will crumble.

Red highlights are mine.

Sheri

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It is amazing to the see the Society shoot themselves in the foot as badly as they do here. In harmony with that "wiley poztate" CO Jonsson, the Watchtower is now saying that:

• The "seventy years" of Jeremiah 25 refer not to years of desolation of Judah but a period of Babylonian domination as a world power.
    • They pertain not only just to Judah but to other nations (including Tyre) that must serve Babylon for "seventy years".
    • The 70 years of domination end in 539 B.C.E. and thus would have begun in 609 B.C.E., which would have been when nations began to come under Babylonian rule.
    • Because the figure refers to the total period of Babylonian hegemony, individual nations (like Tyre or Judah) need not have served Babylon for the entire 70-year period.

I would looove to see pseudo-scholar try to explain why his "WT scholars" made a statement so inconsistent with their dogma on 607.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit