Sunday Program now available online --

by catchthis 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• catchthis
    catchthis

http://www.wtmedia.org/Silent_Lambs_29_May_05.wmv

Length: 29m 36s

Size: 14.2 MB

Great follow-up show. I wonder how that elder managed to stick around for the 'beating' he received. Did he think he would get a chance to appear more supportive of the victims this time compared to three years ago? And the local branch sending just a letter, as usual, speaks volumes.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

thanks for posting that

• alw
    alw

Thanks - you're a life saver!!! alw

• IT Support
    IT Support

Thank you, catchthis.

I thought Graham Davis' comment near the end summed up this whole sad business:

"A two-witness standard of proof, derisory punishment, routine forgiveness for acts of contrition — the Jehovah's Witnesses are truly a magnet for paedophiles."
  • Generic Man
    Generic Man

Thanks for the link.

• geevee
    geevee

thanks.....just trying to keep this info at the top of the list!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

omg

just thinking about the point made in the prog re who gets the blame

i have a number of people that i could tell who would all be fairly sympathetic to the plight of the victims here but would also be more outraged at the fact they went on tv to talk about it than they are at the abusers

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for posting this.

I was wondering from reading the transcript how this elder was on the show. I see that they ambushed him outside the KH.

His statements are very indicative of what people uneducated to the nature of pedophiles say. To suggest that the victims had sins to repent and that it was a homosexual act rather than the rape it truly was, shows the ignorance. Saying there was only one victim, shows the ignorance of how pedophiles have multiple vicitms and cannot stop without outside intervention and supervision and even that is not 100%.

Blondie

• Balsam
    Balsam

Excellent coverage of the pedophile problem in the congregations.

• NavajoGuy
    NavajoGuy

This is not a problem of any congregations, or church. There are just some sick people. Coverup is the the problem. There are many cases where the wife is closing her eyes while her husband is mollesting their kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit