Is there a pre-printed schedule for the Daniel bookstudy?

by M.J. 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    actually points to a date some 20 years later

I hate it when they put the word "some" in front of anumber they want to sound big. I know its grammatically acceptable, but they do it EVERY freaking time!

some 240 lands

some 6 million publishers

some 12 old bastards in NYC

IT PISSES ME OFF!!

• Pole
    Pole

LOL at richie,

Another function of "some":

some have suggested...
    some have fallen prey to apostates...
    some have developed nagging doubts...
    some have failed to appreciate the spiritual food provided through the faithful and discreete slave...

LOL

Pole

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Dang, they're doing the Daniel book again? Nice to see nothing has changed in mind-control heaven. I really think they keep the meetings so boring and repetitive in order to keep the mental functioning of the attendees at a very low level - that way they won't start thinking hard enough to ask too many questions.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Another function of "some"

When I wrote to the Society about the 607 issue, I included the fact that Jeremiah 29:10 is rendered in most bibles as "70 years for Babylon" rather than "at Babylon", with a footnote with a nice long list of translations that conflict with theirs.

Their reply kindly acknowledged that some translations had that rendering.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

you win some you lose some

some of the brothers came to the conclustion that the Big A was to happen some time in 1975.......

my badsome ways

• M.J.
    M.J.

Actually the Daniel book is just a few notches less wacky than the Revelation book. Having them go through this again could be a good thing. Obviously they're not gearing up to start sweeping all the whacked chronology under the rug.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit