2005 Convention Lowlights

by inbyathread 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Thought I'd start a thread for those who have attended the 2005 DC. You don't have to say what the releases were. I'm more interested in how the talks or if the talks highlighted the R&F to blindly follow the Organization.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I want to know the releases

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I want to see a documentary on the convention with the tune of Eye of the Tiger from Rocky playing - except the words are actually Rye or the Kaiser by Weird Al Yankovic.

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/The-Rye-And-The-Kaiser-lyrics-Weird-Al-Yankovic/5E97D7BE87F88B174825690F00175CD5

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I want to know the releases

Two new releases both of the cheap quality the soceity have lowered the expectations of the r\f to expect.

A cheap paper tract on Friday based upon the "All suffering Soon to End" talk and another cheap 224page soft cover book "what Does the Bible Really Teach" which, I expect, based upon it's title, will attempt to explain how the Bible really doesn't say what it says, it says what the WT say it says.

........from poster "incognita"......

• TheListener
    TheListener

"What does the bible really teach?" Oh man!! I thought we had the reasoning book to tell us what the bible really teaches. That is just another book for the bookstudy. Another book to take up shelf space in the dubs houses.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I am holding out for the tract named "What the Bible Really, Really, Really Teaches"........ Is'nt it about time to release another "How To Masturbate and Spread the Good News" brouchure too?

Just asking... BTW HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU STAND GOING? thanks for takin' one for the team!

~Hill

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Just asking... BTW HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU STAND GOING? thanks for takin' one for the team!

I didn't go myself......I'm just relaying for someone who did......

Based upon that long 10 minute manuscripted prayer she told me about during the Sunday session.....she really "took one" for the team.

........."incognita".........

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Actually, Weird Al HAS an original song (not a parody of someone elses song) which applies to JW's very well...the title is "Everything You Know Is Wrong". Here is a link to the lyrics >>>www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/weirdalyankovic/everythingyouknowiswrong.html

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

First off- how many witness kids do we know who listen to weird al so they can get away with listening to rap? Its like coolio is bad- but weird al is OK. Its funny how they do that and their parents just let them.

Ill be going to the DC in July. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics so yall dont feel left out!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Richie - Not to digress, but......

can you take pictures of all the girls wandering the hallways? that's the best part of the DC!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit