Circumcision and the WT

by Sangdigger 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I can't see the WTBTS agreeing to circumcision as it involves removing the protective skin so the head of the organ(iztation) is permanently expossed.

steve

• Jahna
    Jahna

help prevent the spread of AIDS, I would love to see the actual research on that one.

Jahna

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Jeannie....

Non-religious circumcision was introduced into this country on a very small scale in the 1860s for a single purpose-TO STOP MASTERBATION!!! Circumcision was used as a deliberate surgical intervention to debilitate and desensitize the penis.

During the Victorian era, physicians began to believe that all sexual activity was dangerous to physical and emotional health. Masturbation was viewed as the most dangerous form of sexuality and was named as the cause of every known disease, from blindness to nervousness, insanity, venereal disease, tuberculosis, and death. With every credible "expert" issuing dire warnings about masturbation, any step taken towards its eradication and prevention was deemed justified.

A remedy for masturbation which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anaesthetic as the pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment. - From: John Harvey Kellogg, M.D., "Treatment for Self-Abuse and Its Effects," Plain Facts for Old and Young. Burlington, Iowa: F. Segner & Co. (1888). p. 295.

By the turn of the century, circumcision had become a panacea. Amputation of the foreskin was "scientifically proven" to cure and prevent diseases ranging from insanity to epilepsy, malnutrition, hip-joint disease, paralysis, eczema, tuberculosis, headache, hysteria, alcoholism, criminality, and heart disease.

In 1928, the American Medical Association published an editorial in its journal calling for the routine circumcision of all male infants at birth. The primary justification for routine circumcision was the prevention of masturbation. FROM: Editor, "Routine Circumcision at Birth?" Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 91, no. 3 (July 21, 1928): p. 201.

I suggest all male children be circumcised. I am convinced that masturbation is much less common in the circumcised. - From: (I'm not making this name up!!!): R.W. Cockshut, "Circumcision." British Medical Journal, vol. 2 (October 19, 1935) p. 764.

During World Wars I and II, many soldiers were forcibly circumcised by military doctors under threat of court martial. Returning WWII veterans were now conditioned to believe that circumcision was the correct thing to do. They were told it was hygienic, that it prevented disease, and that conformity was necessary. Young parents did not object when their newborn boys were automatically circumcised after being delivered in hospitals, though in reality they had no choice. Hospitals did not require anyone's consent to perform this surgery.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s, this abusive situation was reformed. Hospitals and doctors were required to obtain informed consent from patients for any medical or surgical procedure. Circumcision now required consent before a doctor was legally allowed to amputate, but since a baby is unable to give his consent, parents were assumed to have the power to give consent on behalf of the baby.

By the early 1970s, over 90% of newborn boys were automatically circumcised. In 1971, the American Academy of Pediatrics reviewed the medical literature on circumcision and determined that circumcision, after all, was not medically valid. The circumcision rate began to fall dramatically. New medical excuses continue to be invented for the surgery, but all have been disproved by European studies.

In Europe and in most of the world, [non-religious] circumcision is unknown, and intact males do not suffer from any of the diseases and discomforts claimed by American proponents of circumcision. Genitally-intact Europeans are often very amused to hear the notions circumcised Americans have about the normal human penis. Notions about improved hygiene after circumcision appear ludicrous to intact men.

So Jeannie...now you know more about getting "cut" than you probably ever wanted to know....sorry for rambling/ranting. LOL

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Dayum!!!! And Ouch!!!!! And Holy Cow!!!!

<faints>

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

sorry but you did ask Jeannie....LOL

I got your PM...will email you back shortly....night

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I was assigned a talk in the ministry school two weeks before my wedding at age 18. I had no idea what it was... so I looked it up... Now, why would they assign such a topic to an unmarried 18 year old sister??!!!!! I told the ministry school overseer that I was too busy with my wedding preparations to give a talk.... I'm not making this up by the way....true story.

Coffee

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    Non-religious circumcision was introduced into this country on a very small scale in the 1860s for a single purpose-TO STOP MASTERBATION!!! Circumcision was used as a deliberate surgical intervention to debilitate and desensitize the penis.

As much as American men talk about masturbating, I don't think their theory was thought through very well. I wouldn't want mine to be any more sensitive than it already is (I won't go into details, but there are reasons for that).

What's really disgusting is the practice of female circumcision in parts of Africa. When young girls reach puberty, they go to a dirt shack, are held down by their female relatives, and a "witch doctress" cuts off her clitoris while she screams in agony. I saw it on the Discovery Channel a few months ago and it was absolutely horrible. If a girl doesn't get circumcised, she's shunned by members of the village and called a whore. It's done so that women won't enjoy sex and get the urge sleep around.

Can a woman ever have an orgasm without a clitoris? At least circumcised men can have a healthy sex life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit