Seeker4's 500th Post - My letter to the Elders (2nd Posting)

by Seeker4 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

That was supposed to be a "standing" ovation..

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Will take whatever ovation comes my way, standind or standing.

Anyone should feel free to use whatever they would like from this post.

And, as an update, I have not heard ANYTHING from the local elders. Not a peep. The other morning a couple of young JWs that I have known since they were born, very happily and willingly talked with me at a local garden center, so I'm assuming no announcements have been made.

S4

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

Seeker, thanks for your letter. It's easy to feel absolutely powerless in the face of such a ridiculously flawed bureaucracy. My guess would be that they would be very reticent indeed about any possibility of a public shaming! Ironically, one of the many reasons I left was because of the very issues I now find myself faced with - i.e. the conundrum of D/A'ing.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Never ceases to amaze me what gems one can find here!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

what an awesome letter s4, thanks to whoever bumped this...good read. I wish I could express myself that well.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That was absolutely incredible. That single letter could quite possibly be the greatest that I've read on this site.

My hats off to you S4

Mike

• etna
    etna

What a great reply, letter S4. Ive only just read it (only 4years late), but I love the quote "I would rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask". There is so much to take from your letter. . Can you please tell us if you got a reply at all or whats happened?????

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Fantastic ! Thanks seeker4 for posting it and thanks Lukewarm for bumping it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit