Mostly for our non-USA friends.

by Amazing1914 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi all,

I greatly appreciate the many friends here on JWD that are from non-USA countries. I have a special affinity and good feeling for Aussies and Canooks and Brits.

Anyway, over the years I have given the impression that I adhere to some kind of politcal position. Actually, I have no particular loyalty with either the left or right or center. I do at times challenge certain express views for the sake of critical thinking, fairness, and intellectual honesty.

The majority of posters appear to be on the left, or liberal, or simply against the right, or against conservatives, so my arguments and even spoof posts, will come from the right-conservative side. However, in case anyone may not have noticed, I have avoided political discussion like the plague in the last eight to ten months. The reason is simply that there is too little fair and open discussion, and too much unreasonable emotional rhetoric.

I find that the left, right, and center can all be right at times, and just as wrong at other times. While political speech and debate are important, I find that it has become very unenjoyable in recent years because people take it all too seriously, and our generation, and gen-x-ers seem to have lost the ability to have fun and enjoy seeing the humor in life. So many people these days seem so damn sensitive.

Sometimes, I also think that there is more of a need to have an enemy than there is about intellectual exchange. As JWs we had many enemies, like hippies, false religion, government, then in recent years apostates. It almost feels like as ex-JWs, the majority are attracted to the left because the left seems to like to make enemies out of government, business, and almost anything western. Conservatives simply like to make enemies out of the left, or anyone they want to shoot. Personally, I do not like to make enemies, and only have as enemies those who have decided that I am their enemy. This is only because I no longer have the patience to cultivate friends out of people who hate my guts for no reason at all.

Anyway, I guess its time for me to even avoid spoof posts, as I am having a hard time connecting with the written word, even when I use the little icon which I thought meant that I was not serious, or I was teasing somewhat. And I just hate to put disclaimers at the top of a post in order to assist the humor impaired ... it seems so childish to ruin a little fun with such nonsense that serves little more than to belittle people's intelligence.

I think that the only one who really caught on to me was Hillary Step, who in my opinion, is one very good and sharp Canook. With love and peace for all ... Jim Whitney

PS: I used a bat because our icon selection does not have doves, and I really wanted to use a bird as a peace symbol.

PPS: Its back to school again for me tonight ... so, I will see you all more after my next break begins.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Why apologize? Some folks just mimic what they hear in the European press............

~Hill

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Amazing, I am not aware of the political discussions you were involved in. But I usually like your posts that are always very thorough.

While agreeing with you that all parties are right or wrong sometimes I tend to the left because I think that the conservative are very afraid of changes and lord it over the common people.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey man,

no worries! i say keep up the spoofs if you like, just put them in "humor" and not "friends" for the sake of us humor-challenged.

but thanks for posting anyways. reading back through your post(s) now, they do seem funny. sorry!

cheerio,

TS

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    I greatly appreciate the many friends here on JWD that are from non-USA countries

Does that mean you do not appreciate the jwd folks who are from USA countries?

What is a USA country? I have been a Yank for many years and I was not aware that there was more than one country to which I could claim citizenship?

If you don't appreciate USA jwd folks that is fine also, I was just trying to clarify your statements. I have known many who did not appreciate me for all sorts of reasons!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What is a USA country?

good point. i have heard about the US actually being referred to as two different countries based on left or right: "The United States of Canada" and "Jesusland".

• talesin
    talesin

Heya, Amazing, nice to see you posting again!

We all say things we regret sometimes, and it's hard to know how our words will be taken on a message board, where folks don't know our particular sense of humour.

I certainly hope no one took offense at your post, and I hope to 'read' you on a regular basis,,, don't leave us again soon,,, okay? Keep up the good work!

xo

tal

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I find that the left, right, and center can all be right at times,

I would certainly agree with that. Anyway , since leaving the dubs behind i am finding that perhaps the terms right and wrong can sometimes be challenged . This place is great for helping one see anothers argument...keep 'em coming !

• Pole
    Pole

Honestly, if you are talking about your last thread, I'm not sure why you just don't admit you were trying to be funny and for some reason you failed to achieve that objective. Who are you blaming for this failure again? Or did I miss something again?

Oh yeah, you did make HS split his sides. Anyone else?

Sincerely,

Pole

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914
    Disclaimer and Warning: This Post may contain humor that may be challenging to your thought processes. BY reading this, you wave all of your civil rights and cannot sue me for anything, anytime, anywhere, for any reason.

Hi All,

Yes, I screwed up with that "non-USA countries" business ... I just wanted to be sure that readers outside the USA noticed the post, because they seem to have a different take on how Americans means things.

Pole,

Honestly, if you are talking about your last thread, I'm not sure why you just don't admit you were trying to be funny and for some reason you failed to achieve that objective. Who are you blaming for this failure again? Or did I miss something again?

I took responsibility by stating above that I failed to properly connect with everyone ... I do think I am losing my touch. However, I also note some humor-impairment on the part of some who take everything "oh-so-seriously" and feel they have to prove everything wrong. I am not blaming, but rather recognizing challenges. (Humor)

Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit