lawns

by carla 4 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

This may be petty. Just wondering, it seems that the jw's go on about how the rest of us ruin the world in endless ways. Yet, passing by the two halls in my area the lawns never have any weeds. They are obviously using pesticides. Doesn't this go against their own grain, poisoning the earth? Since husband has been going to the hell, he has gotten very lazy about recycling cans, etc... Then I have to go fish them out of the garbage! He never used to do that. I know, petty small annoyances shouldn't bother me, they only add the previous annoyances. carla

• rebel8
    rebel8

I guess they think there's no point in saving the earth now when J is going to come along and clean it all up soon.

• luna2
    luna2

It's possible that it's a result of thinking that the world as we know it is going to be ending "soon" and that Jehovah is certainly able to hoover up all the mess humans have made in the twinkling of an eye...or, he'll have people tackle the clean-up over the course of Jesus's thousand year reign (after the Big A), so, yanno, it'll all be taken care of one way or another. No need for us to stress about being responsible now or anything.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In the area where I went to meetings all of the KHs almost always had ill-kept lawns. They would do "landscaping" in fits and starts. They would let everything get seriously over-grown and then once every six months or year they would go out and do a very thorough "cleanup" only to let it get really bad again.

Sure, someone would cut the grass every other week or so, but the landscape beds would be left overgrown with weeds.

• kls
    kls

Well Carla the jws must make their place of cult worship look it's best for more recruits so pesticides are a must to keep their place of BS looking it's finest. If your husband is anything like mine was in the beginning of his recruitment ,they don't care about anything because the world is ending so who needs to recycle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit