Off to Theological College

by misspeaches 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Well my darling boyfriend has decided that he wants to go to Theological college. I don't have any objection to this. And he really is the loveliest sweetess funniest genuine guy I have ever met.

But its still taken me aback a little. I have started going to his church with him and really do enjoy it but I am still coming to terms with Christianity so feeling a little unsure about the whole thing.

However he does have my full support but I don't know how to express it....

In case you didn't pick up on it... I'm feeling confused...

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

You may be confused by it...but maybe he isn't.

I would just support him in his hopes and dreams 100%.

Brooke

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hopefully, he will become an even more lovable person!

Give him a hug.

Which college, perhaps i might know it.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I think unity college or moreton college?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

moreton college

• talesin
    talesin

misspeaches

I had a friend, met her in a support group about 13 years ago. I was surprised to find out that she was just about to graduate with her degree in Theology. Scared the beJesus out of me, so to speak. I thought that anyone that immersed in *religion* would have to be a zealot. But no, it was my old JW training/prejudice rearing its ugly head.

Yup, and she was a bona fide preacher. Had her own country parrish and everything. (divided-United *wink*) But one of the most well-rounded, genuine, nonjudgemental people I have ever known. I actually went and lived in the country with her for 3 months when I had to stop working due to the PTSD, and never had one scripture rammed down my throat.

I would say, treat it like any other education/profession. He is going to study a subject he enjoys; be happy he is following his dream. It doesn't mean he is going to be anything like what 'they' (the Tower) taught us about religious folk.

tal

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Ozziepost - Your familiar with Moreton college then? Is it a good school... I'll be sure to hug him...

Brooke - thank you for your excellent simple advice

Talesin - You are so right. I spoke to him a little more about it after I posted this topic and he told me that it is like a university education. And that a Pastor is another occupation. Naturally he believes but its not the big drama I am still getting used to thanx to the dubs... And your right, their approach to religon is so simple and humble. The fact that he is so genuine and non-judgemental is one of the reasons I love him dearly...

• talesin
    talesin

Hi,,, yah, those feelings are just so automatic, huh? And I thought I knew how you were feeling ... glad it was some help ... :)

Sounds like he may be a keeper ....

xo

tal

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day misspeaches,

I think you mean Morling College. You can check it out here: http://www.morling.nsw.edu.au/

There is also a school in Qld - the Moreton Bay college: Check this out: http://www.mbc.qld.edu.au/

A suggestion: Take an interest in what he's doing, get to know more about where and how he'll be studying and so on. It'll do wonders for building your closeness.

All the best to the pair of you.

Cheers, Ozzie

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Ozzie - Yes I mean morling college. Thank you for providing the link. I will have a look.

I really am trying to take an interest in what he is doing. I figure its part of who he is which is why he is so great.

Thank you for your well wishes.

Tal - he definately is one in a million and I will be keeping him for sure...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit