Crepes Anyone?

by simplesally 23 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Just tried riccotta cheese with chocolate syrup poured over. Then top with powdered sugar!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Oooooh, Grand Marnier! Grand Marnier! Yummy!

SS, I'm so glad you are doing as well as you are, and the photos of you and your daughter are absolutely beautiful. May this New Year bring you health, happiness, and a bright future.

Hugs,

Nina

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

my favs:

• chocolate and banana
    • asparagus with a cheese sauce
    • strawberries and cream
    • banana and real maple syrup
  • Margie
    Margie

Yum! My mom used to make us crepes for breakfast sometimes. She'd top them with warm maple syrup with melted butter mixed in and a little bit of powdered sugar. I also love crepes filled with creme de marron (sp?), a sweetened chestnut filling. Mmm.

• Purza
    Purza

A few months ago, Sunset Magazine had some crepe recipes. I tried the chicken, pesto and red pepper crepe with parmesean cheese. It was awesome -- even my teenager loved it! If anyone wants the recipe, let me know and I will post it. I don't have a crepe maker -- I just use a regular 8" frying pan.

Purza

• Soledad
    Soledad

Seafood crepes!!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Post it Purza!

My 4 year old loves to help make the crepes! She has such fun getting her apron on, using a spatula, letting me know when the crepe is ready, etc.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Those crepe fillings sound delicious, how do you make the pastry, is it easy to make?

• Bryan
    Bryan

My wife and her sister make them. Homemade. Very nice with strawberry jam!

Bryan

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I thought that was the stuff you hung from the ceiling during parties. Crepe paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit