by Rod P 29 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Obligatory computer nerd oxymoron: Microsoft Works

• Rod P
    Rod P

Sith,

O.K. I get it now!

Please forgive us Oxymorons for bein' so slow on the uptake. I think I'll stick to idioms.

Rod P.

• gumby
    gumby

Smartass

dumb ass

stupid ass

Shithead

poop head

ass wipe

I used to know about 5 or 6 more but I forgot.

Gumby

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I know one. Jehovahs witnesses

As bright as an ox and full of morons.

• talesin
    talesin

Glad you liked it, Rod. ;) Here's another I like,,,

Working Actor

well, usually it is an oxymoron; there are exceptions, though

tal

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

My favorites:

"Almost infinite" I hear every now and again on the radio, which can send me into a 10 minute rant at said radio about what infinity is and isn't.

"Unique" appearing with any sort of qualifier. e.g. "Very unique", "fairly unique" or even "almost unique". I mean, either there's only one of something or there isn't, right?

ig.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Iggy,

Those were a couple of good ones too.

I had to laugh a little bit, because of your reference to "infinity" since we just got thru a couple of threads on infinity and paradoxes.

talesin,

Ummmh! As an accountant, I have a client this past 8 years or so that is in the film and video business. He employs many actors and actresses. I can tell you for sure that they are "working actors" and the terms are synoymous in their instances. Time is money in that business, and every dollar in a movie production counts and must be accounted for. Goofing off is just not tolerated.

But yes, I know what you mean. There are cases like that.

Gumby,

Wash your mouth out with soap. Yer bein' bad and nasty agin, even if you are right!

Rod P.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

"Great Britain"

• Mary
    Mary

"Present Truths"

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Saw this one in the newspaper today (modern day buzzwords), thought it amusing -

FOXYMORON - Someone who is incredibly attractive but, at the same time, so mind-numbingly stupid or dull that he/she incites simultaneous feelings of intense attraction and repulsion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit