question

by sleeper 3 Replies latest social relationships

• sleeper
    sleeper

ok my friend is a jw (im not) we're both male and 16 and i am in love with him, i told him last year. he stopped talking to me for 2-3 months, after he started talking to me again our friendship has been on and off. he can go weeks without talking to me and then we can go weeks being best friends. every so often we will talk about it and he says that he is cool with it and he will give me a hug.

what i am asking is what does the religion think of me? if he told his parents or religious people what would they tell him? is he doing anything wrong by hugging me?

thanks

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

sleeper welcome to JWD!

what i am asking is what does the religion think of me? if he told his parents or religious people what would they tell him? is he doing anything wrong by hugging me?

Jehovah's Witnesses do not in anyway condone homosexuality and would disfellowship him if they knew he had homosexual tendencies. They and his parents would do everything in their power to keep you away from him.

Cut your loses and move on, I doubt he is willing to go against his parents or the JW's at least not now but if he is truly a homosexual his desires will eventually win out and he will go on with that lifestyle.

• skyman
    skyman

Most parents that are JW's would prefer death for their son. So if he loves you he will have to give up everything. He probably is not ready for that at his age. I mean everything he would have to give up. Giving him a hug is OK as long as no one figures it out that you love him.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

first off, you are probably more infatuated than "in love" with him. Homosexuality is totaly unaceptable to jehovah's witnesses. His telling you that he is cool with it, is probably no more than a way of saying he understands. Any future contact will likely include his trying to convince you that the jehovah witness way of life is the only way. Whether or not he is homosexually inclined, or attracted to you is not the issue. If he is a good jw he will try to get you to become involved with the religeon/cult, and there will be no sexual relationship involved. Look elsewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit