What are some good non satanic metal groups/albums?

by Leander 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• marked
    marked
    Re: What are some good non satanic metal groups/albums?

Um, pretty much all of them? (Not that they're all good.)

What do you mean "satanic"? One thing I've learned since leaving is that "satanic" is, for the most part, a buzz word to elicit fear. Even members of the Church of Satan don't believe in the devil. Forget about the boogey man and just listen to the music.

Megadeth?? Dave is just an unhappy guy pissed off at Metallica for stealing his life from him (or something), and sad cuz his mommy didn't hug him enough.

Sabbath?? That whole occult thing was done more or less for shock value. 30 years ago. And Ozzie's a wholesome xtian dad now. Nothing to fear.

Hell, even Marylin Manson is so full of irony that his whole "shock jock" persona is pretty transparent to anyone who really knows what he's about. I'm not the biggest fan, but I appreciate some of what he's trying to do.

As for an actual reccommendation, try www.deathfromabove1979.com . Don't know if they're metal per se, but they're kinda heavy and fun as hell.

• Sith
    Sith

What? Are you kidding me? They're ALL satanic, just as Elvis and The Beatles were before them.

• sf
    sf

Danzig is pretty tame.

sKally

• Sirona
    Sirona

I agree with Marked,

There is a giant assumption going on here that some types of music are "satanic". Even those songs which mention Satan specifically are likely not written by actual Satanists. Moreover, it is religious discrimination to conclude that all satanists are dangerous or have to be avoided. Check out www.religioustolerance.org for more reliable info on what Satanism is.

The main problem I see with Satanism, by the way, is that they do tend to consider hurting another person isn't wrong - if you think that person deserves it. Too loose for me, because my marker on religions which are ok are those which at least promote treating others as you would like to be treated.

Sirona

• talesin
    talesin

How about some classic metal, I'm surprised no one has mentioned,

Rush !

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit