HOPE

by Sirona 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm at square one today. Right now. After all of this time developing, talking, working, etc. I am looking at myself from outside of myself and seeing a person at square one.

The thing is, I feel quite good about realising that I'm here, at this point. Its almost like "the only way is up". Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm going to change.

Littletoe said in another thread that when he left JWs " I dropped my former life like a shroud and rose like a phoenix from the ashes". That one phrase made me realise I where I am and what it is possible to do. I've been under the shroud for so long, standing still, never actually moving away from it and leaving it all behind.

I wonder if it is normal to suddenly realise this? Who else here has thought they were moving forward only to realise they'd been standing still for years? I'm almost amused at how arrogant I've been.

Of course this relates in part to my recent thread on my depression.

So thanks Ross for posting that phrase - instead of the void I suddenly have a feeling - the feeling of hope.

Sirona

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

thats great sirona, i think having the right mind about things feeling positive really helps,

well done, dont look back look forward things will get better

love you x

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think this is a great way to look at things Sirona.. it helps you let go of some of the pain and move on in a positive direction..

• minimus
    minimus

Funny how all it takes is a little mental adjustment and things can be easily worked with. Good for you, Sirona!

• happehanna
    happehanna

Hope is such a small word yet without it and what it means I would be lost.

To keep positive is such a cliche and not at all easy we all need help and encouragement thats why this board acts as such a powerful tool to staying on top and helping regain any lost ground.

To be a Phoenix is so apt when leaving such a destructive sect as the JW's.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Sirona,

Its funny you should say that, because despite some serious difficulties in my life right now, I feel I have made some recent breakthroughs, to the extent that after all these years I am perhaps standing with my foot on the first small step in the right direction. Its easy to say this today, in one of my optimistic moments. Time will tell whether hope remains. I too was thinking of Littletoe today. And I am thinking thoughts of faith, hope and love, and which of these is the greatest?

It was good to read your post, thanks.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Sirona thanks for sharing your feelings. I really appreciated the statement you made that Little Toe had said of himself and I think it bears repeating.

I dropped my former life like a shroud and rose like a pheonix from the ashes.

It is like a new birth isn't it? Living under a dark cloud you see so little of the real light and I know for myself that being in this forum is so theraputic and healing. As people heal they do indeed soar like the phoenix. Hugs to you. Sirona.

Love Orangefatcat

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It's taken me 10 years to get to the stage that I am at right now and I dont mind saying that its not been easy and sometimes life deals some really harsh cards; despite 10 years gone I am still making breakthroughs and still trying to push forward irrespective as to the pain that is sometimes incurred.

I look at this process as a series of personal landmarks; and to me most of them have been in this last 6 months, I guess everyone is at different stages but we all share some of the fundamental similarities in breaking free not only from association with the cult but with its belief system too.

'Hope is a waking dream' - Aristotle.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That's wonderful to hear, Sirona

"We know finite disappointment, but we know infinite hope."----Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

~Merry

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm glad to hear that you've come to an epiphany in your own life. I'm still waiting for mine. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit