Advising those getting caught in the JW nets.

by greendawn 10 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

If someone feels attracted to the JWs to the point of beginning a bible study with them what sort of advice,if any, would you give them at this early stage before she/he gets hopelessly mind conditioned and entangled in their nets?

I would base my response on the principle that one should first carefully check out the way they (the WTS)treat their followers before getting intimately involved with them.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When the dubs say you should check out your own religion before joining, do it. Especially check out the WTBTS/JW religion's past history.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I was gonna say read crisis of conscience, but I dont suppose this will make as much sense to on non JW. Certainly talk to as many exJWs as possible to get a balance of both sides. Read an independent history.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Run, ... do not walk

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Get 'em to post here and ask us the same questions.

steve

• Mac
    Mac

Now would be a good time to pass on one of Ray's books...

before they are conditioned to the point that they accept the concept that personal reading choices could constitute a sin against God...

mac

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

The only thing is:

To teach them what is so wrong about the WT, you must teach them more about the WT!

So what then?

I say let them continue learning and drop the subtle hints...

• greendawn
    greendawn

Richie I think we can give them information about the WTS in a way that will not draw them to it but rather away from it as for example enlightening people on their history details with all its false prophecies and dogmatic flip flops, or the dictatorial way they treat dissenters, or their dogma that most JWs can't have Christ as their Mediator and the annointing of the Holy Spirit, etc

I would love to argue with JWs and kill their bible studies with such issues because it would stop them from thriving on people's ignorance. They will realise where they are well informed they can't get any interest and make any headway.

• IT Support
    IT Support

"If you embrace an organised religion without knowing its history, a stranger is claiming your faith." - Unknown

• moanzy
    moanzy

Make sure they know what a cult is and does. They have to be responsible to draw their own conclusion, but they must have the info to do this.

Hopefully they will be able to figure things out early in their study that when the witnesses say that family will be used by satan to try and take you away from God by objecting to their involvement with the org. and they may have to make some choices in their association as far as family goes, they will realize that this is the mind of cult thinking.

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit