belly button ring...

by kittyeatzjdubs 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

jojo,

When I got my navel pierced, the only thing I used was the sea salt and warm water solution 4JWY mentioned above. I swear it works! I would get a glass of very warm/hot water with a teaspoon of salt and bend over it. I'd put my tummy directly onto the glass and then roll over on my back onto my bed/sofa. I'd just hold the glass onto my tummy for about 5 or 10 minutes, allowing it to soak. If you hold onto it tight enough, the suction will keep it from spilling. I did that every day for 10 days and I never had a problem with my healing. I've never used ointments, because I'd heard it was really bad. NOTE: I got my navel pierced with a curved barbel, not a ring. I've had it for 10 years now (before it was the cool thing to do)...never had an issue.

Andi

• codeblue
    codeblue

I never had a problem with my navel healing after pierced. (one exception: I was in a hot tub 3 years later that was heavily chlorinated and it got reinfected!!! I simply went back to the healing practice after piercing and healed just fine!)

I followed the standard that 4JWY told you.

Got a large shot glass, half filled with salt mixed the rest with warm water. Placed it right over my navel and laid down for about 5 minutes. Did that twice a day....Salt is very healing!

Also used the antibacterial soap in the shower and I never touched my ring except while cleaning!!!

Good advice for you to see a DR.....after 3 months and it is still infected, you might need antibiotics as well. Don't take chances!!!

Let us know how you are doing, ok?

CodeBlue

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I got the inside part of my ear pierced once. Not much circulation there!! It took a year to heal.

May sound dumb but clean it thoroughly each day. Personally I used alcohol and ti tree oil. You get that in the States? Melaleuca? Not the company the real stuff. You'll be fine! Wear it with pride.

• Es
    Es

Hi kitty i got a barbel aswell it took over a year to heal. It would be ok for a few months then get really infected for a while. But after the first year i havnt had any problems with it and mines nearly four years old now. Just keep it really clean and use that spray they give you....i would literally soak my belly button in it. Hopes this helps es

• lilbit
    lilbit

I did the shot glass and sea salt too for mine worked like a charm. I also recomend having a Dr check it out

((((Kitty)))))

Lilbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit