If you could bring back one thing from the past, what would it be?

by dh 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

Lon Chaney's "London After Midnight" one of the best "lost" films ever made.

- Preston

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Jesus Christ....so i could take him to a kindumb hall get him up on the platform and say...''Seriously dude...are these really your people?''

luv, kitty

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Re: If you could bring back one thing from the past, what would it be?

I would snatch the thought of writing the Bible as doG's word from those who began writing it. It [religion] has by far caused more devision, war and hate to humankind than anything. Who needs it?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Kate:
    Then we'd be condemned to make the same mistake in another fashion.

That's the beauty of history...
    ...if only we'd learn

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

My Dad :( I miss having a beer and a talk with him on Fridays.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Fizzies! They were little orange tablets you put in water and then they 'fizzed' like soda

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sassy, I always liked the rootbeer fizzies. My brothers used to think it was cute to drop several in the toilet at one time.

Cleaner air, cleaner water, a safer environment, better made clothing and shoes, more jobs, cheaper and better housing, a sense of innocence, fewer nervous and mental ailments (as a result of a more complicated world no doubt), more polite people, doctors who make house calls, better health care, etc.

Amen, long hair.

I'll be selfish here since you said only one thing. I'd bring back my healthy, young pre illness, pre sugery body, eyesight included, mind included. With that I could accomplish a lot more and help more people than I can now.

An unselfish thing would be to bring back the 1960s decade. Anyone who lived through them and is still among the living could keep the wisdom they have gained, but enjoy the 60s without making the stupid mistakes. I was only 11 when they ended so I was still pretty innocent.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

My youth :(

• FMZ
    FMZ

Gumby's libido.

FMZ

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Kate:
    Then we'd be condemned to make the same mistake in another fashion.

That's the beauty of history...
    ...if only we'd learn

Wondering if people are that predictible LittleToe? Worshipping a manmade diety of any sort, does it have to be our fate? If so then I would take away the reason man would need to worship anything outside of our own determination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit