GIVING A WITNESS THIS WEEKEND?

by Outaservice 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

HOW MANY OF YOU BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE UNITED STATES WILL BE GOING TO THE CEMENTARIES TO HAND OUT LITERATURE AT THE GRAVESITES THIS YEAR?

THIS WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE FORM OF WITNESSING UNLESS OF COURSE 'STREET WITNESSING'!

OUTASERVICE

• blondie
    blondie

I will be out at the gravesites with my in-laws but not handing out literature. If I see any JWs, I'll tell them what I think of them.

Blondie

Actually, I have never seen that done around here, organized by the elders or not. But I have seen it reported on in the WTS publications and praised.

• Mary
    Mary
    HOW MANY OF YOU BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE UNITED STATES WILL BE GOING TO THE CEMENTARIES TO HAND OUT LITERATURE AT THE GRAVESITES THIS YEAR?

What the f**k?? You mean they're witnessing to dead people now???

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Mary that's sooooo funny. I can almost hear all those coffin lids slamming shut.

I'd never heard of this - but I think it's pretty disgraceful - what's the plan? To prey on the bereaved at an emotional time?

But I have seen it reported on in the WTS publications and praised.

''Quick, get in there while they can't think straight''.

• carla
    carla

Are you kidding?!! They really do that? On Memorial Day?! have they no shame at all? This is as bad as them cruising the obituary pages. I guess nothing should suprise me anymore, but it still does. carla

• geno
    geno

The truth is: we give a witness, not by outwardly speaking or flashy words, BUT rather, by our JESUS example, that being our very selves, our being, our doing and our love for God and his creations, not the least of which are other believers and those we deem as ENEMIES. Jesus said to love, even thy enemies. I, Gene Collins, a believer in the true and living God, Yahovah, which my brothers call Jehovah, am only one man, but I believe I speak for the many who have been, and continue to, suffer greatly at the hands of our brothers and sisters and certain ellders.

Dear crothers:

WHY must you hurt me and so many others so?

Did you miss the part where Jesus COMMANDED us to love one another, despite what we personally feel is "below us", in opposition to us, or different from us? LOVE, damn it! Love is the key to helping the lost ones, like me to come home!

I tried so desparately to come back to Jehovah's tent, but the horrible, mean, self-righteous looks, cold, uncaring attitude drove me back out the door of the kingdom hall, despite the fact that I love Jehovah's people so much!

I love you all, but I cannot allow my love for others, my love for my creator and my sense of integrity to be robbed by cold, heartless people!

May Jehovah comfort those hearts that deserve such, and correct those who tear down what we want to build up!

THERE!

Yes, I did witness this weekend...TO THOSE WHO NEED IT MOST! JEHOVAH'S VERY OWN PEOPLE! IT IS US WHO NEED SAVING AND LOVING AND COMFORT! TAKE CAREOF YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD FIRST, LEST YOU ALSO BE LIKE THOSE W/O FAITH!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Mary-LMAO that was great

Geno--welcome! hope to hear your story

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary that's sooooo funny. I can almost hear all those coffin lids slamming shut.

Mary-LMAO that was great

Believe or not, I didn't mean this (originally) as a joke, I thought you meant they were going to graveyards and putting literature on people's graves so they'd have something to read when they woke up at the Resurrection

...........LMAO..........I will assume that what was meant was that they go to graveyards where people are either burying loved ones or visiting their graves and giving them literature............Christ.........how low can you possibly get??

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol Mary - you wouldn't find any ''Not At Home's''.

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

!!! I've never heard of that. Lame. I always thought it was lame when they went out on X-Mas.

Geno--you rip! welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit