Boy! Do women love to talk!

by Maverick 35 Replies latest social relationships

• Maverick
    Maverick

Just spent the better part of two hours talking to my lady. She was upset with me and as we talked on the phone she said she really wanted to know what I was feeling. I told her there was no point in us talking face to face because she would interrupt me before I could tell her. She promished to not interrupt me and to be silent and let me have my say....I should have gotten that in writing!

I give her credit for lasting about two minutes before she asked, "Can I just say one thing?" After that she only talked about 85% of the time.

In the end I knew exactly how she feels about our relationship and her needs though I rarely finished a sentence. I never did get to say anything meaningful. After nearly two hours I started walking her back to her car. Nothing was resolved as far as I could tell. She seemed to feel better. I'm glad for her. I should have worked today!

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Couldn't you find something more fun to do for two hours?

Talking can become redundant after awhile when it is the same thing over and over and over and over..you get my point?

Sometimes I think women talk when they are bored..find something interesting to do so she doesn't get hung up on "Feelings"..

Not that feelings aren't important..but a little can go a long way on one subject!...

How did you feel when she left? Were you glad she left? How did her doing that (Not letting you talk) make you feel? Relief that she was gone?..Tell her what you feel!

I thought it's supposed to be 50-50..tell her you want equal time!

Tell her "I DEMAND EQUAL TIME!" Insist!..The just sit there and watch TV...

Snoozy...

See..I'm doing it again..just can't shut up!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Hey Golden Girl, I would have loved to do other, more enjoyable things than to be told I can say my piece and then have to listen to her unload all her feeling on me without any resolution. And that is how I felt, like I was promished one thing and given a much inferior item in it's place. I am frustrated..... The most used word in her diatribe was, "I"!

• luna2
    luna2

Mav, maybe an email conversation would work better. Hopefully she'd read all the way through before responding.

I can certainly understand your frustration.

Now I'm wondering if I do that to people. Mostly, I only have long convo's with girlfriends, but I think the butting-in and not letting other people complete a thought thing is something to pay attention to.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I am so bad about that!
    I am really bad about letting people finish their conversation!..I am aware of it and trying to change..honest!

I even irritate me sometimes..

Drives my kids crazy...Hey..I remember all thoses times I was talking and they interrupted me!..Maybe I am just paying them back now that they are adults..

Snoozy..

• Maverick
    Maverick

luna2, thanks for your imput. I have listened to ladies talk to each other and it is a bit of a free-for-all. Y-all seem to be cool with that. As I guy it turns me off!

My GF would ask me a question, let me start to talk, then as soon as I got to any point she was sensitive about, she would cut in and explain how I did not know what I was talking about, educate me and then, and this is the key to my frustration, never go back and let me finish what I was saying. So she jumped in before I could complete my thought and went on and on about the wrong point!

Tomorrow she will ask me about our little talk, and if I start to tell her how I feel, we will have a big-old-fight. So what's the point?

Ladies, don't ask if you're not going to let the guy tell you the truth. You get pissed if man-child lies, but you don't want the truth.

As for the E-mail, I loved to do that because I could put it all down and edit it and spell it out clearly and cleanly.. She told me she hated it when I would send her an E-mail telling her how I felt, then she would go over it line by line and set me straight!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit