Did you think they were hooked on titles and "classes"?

by LongHairGal 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Sunspot - good list. What about ''Pioneer''? how many ''types'' are there? Auxiliary :-

• noun: someone who acts as assistant
  • adjective: functioning in a subsidiary or supporting capacity
  • auxiliary adjective
    giving help or support, especially to a more important person or thing

hmmmm.

• blondie
    blondie

temporary pioneer

vacation pioneer

auxiliary pioneer

regular pioneer

special pioneer

congregation servant/congregation overseer

secretary

presiding overseer

field overseer

bible study overseer

theocratic ministry school overseer

WT study overseer/conductor

book study conductor/overseer

circuit servant/oversser

substitute circuit overseer

district servant/overseer

city servant/overseer

zone servant/overseer

Bethelite

Bethel elder

Governing Body member

HLC member

RBC member

ministerial servant

All the titles for the brothers in charge at the conventions/assemblies

• Room 215
    Room 215

.... and recently added, arguably the silliest of them all -- ``unbaptised publisher." This dubious honor has to be awarded to you if you pass muster with the elders..... all very Bible-based, of course!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Isn't strange? For years we've endured the WTS publications lambasting us with wild accusations about "the clergy", y'know those self-serving hypocrites who like to dress up in fancy garb, take prominent positions and have people look up to them.

Several years ago Mrs Ozzie and I went to see for ourselves. For one year we attended a large church without telling anyone our background as dubs.

We came, we watched, we observed. You know what we found? Nothing like we were led to believe by our 'teachers', the so-called "faithful and discreet slave"! The WTS gloats over this title.

Our conclusion after one year was that rather than the clergy being the proud men it was those who take the lead amongst the R&F of the dubs who have much to answer for. They are the ones who like the titles. They are the ones who like to be 'looked up to'. They are the ones who want mastery over people's lives. They are the ones whose word is final.

Hypocrites? Of course they are!

Incidentally, Mrs Ozzie and I are now pleased to count many humble, God-fearing clergymen as our close friends.

Yes, the WTS is hooked on titles, there's no doubt about it. Right from the outset of being an unbaptised publisher until they reach the elevated status of overseer they are always labelled.

Cheers, Ozzie

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Blondie:

Thanks for reminding me of all of them! I never actually sat down and wrote them all out. Looking at that list it is reminiscent of what "worldly" corporations would do. But the dubs have them beat!

They remind me so much of the pharisees! And as the scripture says, they were afraid they would lose their place and their nation.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Even ''ranking'' the pioneers . JW point out that they don't ADDRESS anyone by titles....unlike Catholicism.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

This is very common in Cults, a means of separation.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit