JW Discussion Forums Have Evolved.... Do You Like Them Better?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Years ago when H2O was the rage, some unbelievable discussions used to go on. As a just lurking Witness, I found the exchanges to be quite stimulating. All of the old soldiers were there, the ones that busted any view that JWs "could" have "The Truth". Once these folks got going, there was no way any logical mind could deny the facts. Fast forward to 2005 and you have a totally different landscape. Do you like it better?? I do because of the diversity---not just adversity. In my opinion, these boards attract people because they are open to many different things---from serious study to fluff. What's YOUR take??

• xjwms
    xjwms

Fluff is good to joke and have a good time.

Serious is good too, ... Thats why I like, ...blondies wt review. She has that nailed every week, she is the best.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Good cop/bad cop passive/aggresive this is SOP for exit counseling.

I am an exjw 3rd generation 48 y.o guerrilla others are more sweet we are all effective at exposing the truth about the 'truth'.

I have a mission manifest i am here as recruitment interdiction

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I like them better now precisely because they have everything from serious discussion to fluff.

In the old days some of the conversations were tedious. Now, depending on what your issues are/were you can find a thread to comment on. You see, not everyone left because of doctrinal issues so they are not necessarily interested in the longer threads that quote many scriptures and are arguing some particular point.

I have noticed that some persons who post on this board are in the "intellectual snob" category and tend to downgrade what they call "fluff".

• minimus
    minimus

LHG, not meeeeeeee.........I agree that the boards today are much less intimidating. And the mix is better too!

• minimus
    minimus

We have a lot of "regular" people-----not many intellectual "snobs". And I'm not suggesting that if someone is intellectual that they are snobs (as I am not a snob).

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have to say that being on this board is very theraputic for me. I know I enjoy fluff stuff because I enjoy having fun. It keeps my sanity level up. I don't like it when someone starts picking at you because you like having a good time with fuffy stuff.

I too enjoy serious topics, but I have to agree that there are some people on this board whom I feel are snobbish or try in intimmiate others.

I find at times when a post is started about someone seriously needing help with an issue I don't think that a person should put another person down because they can't agree or agree to disagree with the poster.

I have read some nasty fights on the board, we all have, and it saddens me when I see this. Or those who demand to know every detail because they can't believe what a person has said and its like, well prove it me or I won't believe you kind of attitude. Who wants atttude? Peaceful intellicual conversation is far more polite then putting a person or their feelings down.

I mean this is my opinion of how I see things and of course your not obliged to feel the same way as me. I like everyone and get along with everyone and that is how I want to keep it. Because I am after all the "Big Orangefatcat".

Love Orangefatcat.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I still have KISS HANK's A$$ from H2O on my website

this site is easier to follow

• vitty
    vitty

As I have only been fading for 1 year, I dont know about the old boards.

But I hold my hands up, I do start the most ridiculous threads. Its just sometimes I get so mad or angry when I read the way some ppl have been treated by the WT, that a really silly thought pops in my head and it just feels like a release.

Im not completely free from the org as I still have family in, if this board and topics where too dry or serious I think by now I would have flipped.

I spend a lot of time on here and try to read all the posts, I like the variety and ppl personalities really show, when answering fluff or the more important stuff

Also another thought, is how many youngsters come on here, they can obviously relate with others and are not put off, which is great cos they need all the support they can get !

• minimus
    minimus

It's people like you, OFC, that makes this place friendly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit