A must for all who want to know the real "truth"?

by phil78 3 Replies latest jw friends

• phil78
    phil78

Yesterday I linked to a web site that left me spellbound! Here on JWD you can read as many profiles and testimonies as you like about life in the "truth", but yesterday I linked to: http://www.towertotruth.net/audio.htm and heard real life heart wrenching tales of misery and abuse.

I really recommend to all that you have a listen, especially those "still in" JW's trying to decide what to do. It puts a human touch to the tragic life many have had to lead. Hearing emotion in a grown mans voice peak, untill he breaks down sobbing, rams home the fact that the cheery witness way of life is all smoke and mirrors.

Last night I downloaded 3 testimonies, and saved them onto a CD. I listened to them in the can on the way to and from work today, and it was just the things i needed to hear to help me resolve to never go back.

Floyd Erwin and Tom McGovern are fantastic speakers. I definately recommend listening.

Thank you to TOWERMAN for providing the link in his thread yesterday. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/91161/1.ashx

-Phil.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Man I don't need to hear others stories to realise that jws are sick people. Many try to blame the org as the evil one but isn't the org just a group of individuals? Sometimes I thank them for disfellowsipping as I want nothing to do with any of those cretins ever again

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I think you gotta be careful when you say JW's are sick, because some witnesses are great people. You do meet many genuine and honest people in the 'truth', maybe who dont realise the bigger picture, who only know what they are told. If you feel angry at anyone surely it should be the organisation of it all. I used to be a witness but have been out for 2 years or so, but the way of thinking is so ingrained its difficult for me, because I always begin to 'think' like a witness and have to stop and go back and reason differently.

For it to be said that witnesses are 'sick' is like the way it is believed by witnesses that all people NOT a witness are 'wrong'. I dont think we should be painting lots of people with the same brush, its not their fault.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I too listened to some testimonies, and exchanged emails with one of the guys who gave me good advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit