JW love in action: JWs fail to inform me when roommate of two years dies

by seattleniceguy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

I'm sorry SNG,

Again, just as SIX said, your post undoubtedly did better justice to this man's life than anything given at his memorial.

- Preston

• Es
    Es

Im sorry its so sad but not only do they do it to those out of the borg they also dont tell those in the borg.A friend of my family passed away and my folks didnt hear bout her passing away till like 6 months after it happened. es

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

((((SNG)))),

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I tend to form friendships with people older than me, too. I can imagine how painful such a slight would be to me. It is more than just a kindness they robbed from you. I would feel that they also robbed me of my ability to honor my respect for my friend in a way that would help me deal with the loss.

It is twisted, what they did. To you too, ((Voyager)).

It isn't the "Official Policy" to do things that way, but the fact that they would choose that way of dealing with one of the few things on which there is no direct instruction from the Governing Body says a lot about the kind of fruit they really bear.

Empathetically,
    OldSoul

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

OldSoul,

Thank you for your comments.

It isn't the "Official Policy" to do things that way, but the fact that they would choose that way of dealing with one of the few things on which there is no direct instruction from the Governing Body says a lot about the kind of fruit they really bear.

This is, I think, a critical point for JW lurkers to understand. As you say, there is probably nothing in print addressing this exact situation, so it could hardly be called official policy. However, the fact that normal people view the behavior of Witnesses as so outrageous speaks to the fact that the culture in the organization causes people to act this way. It is a culture that is clearly based on legalism and fear, not love or compassion.

SNG

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    the culture in the organization causes people to act this way. It is a culture that is clearly based on legalism and fear, not love or compassion.

Yes! Yes! This is a point that is so often missed. Regardless of what the Watchtower says, their general attitude is what is used by the rank and file to make decisions, even humongously stupid and cruel ones, like what we've seen in this thread. Thanks for making this point.

Sorry about your friend, SNG. Very sad.

Dave

• codeblue
    codeblue

It's too bad SNG but when you leave the rank and file (so called leave Jehovah)....they forget you....

Just remember, in your old friends eyes, as he knew you, you were a special guy...that is more important then being told about his death from other JW's...Keep it in perspective!

Take it from me...who lost a MOM at 14 and raised myself....it is important to realize that what you do is more important for the ONES you did it for than OTHERS that KNEW....even if nobody embraces you for your efforts.......

Pay it forward.....expect no less........life will embrace you for it!

CodeBlue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit