Cults - Steven Hassan's BITE model.

by ithinkisee 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Very thoughtful material. I'm going to have to reread this a couple of times! Nice input to forum.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Well done R+D read,good to go bravo Bravo

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Absolutely amazing....thank you so much for this....your post was drafted at a very important time for me personally...hadnt been a good day today and was having doubts about some of my doubts... No more though...

Again thank you.

DB74

• Honesty
    Honesty

Absolutely awesome!!

I bet the ol' boyz in Brooklyn are interrogating their Damage Control Dept. at this very moment trying to come up with a 'theocratic' answer in response to all this truth from the Faithful Discreet Slave publications.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

ithinkisee THANK YOU FOR THIS!!

I vote this go to the "Best Of" section.

• blondie
    blondie

The change in definitions of significant words and doctrines keeps even the members from understanding their own beliefs.
    Need quotes here.

Just some ideas

Is Christ your mediator?

Generation of 1914

Disassociated

Alternative service

Great tribulation started in 1914 and was cut short in 1918 to start up at a future time (until 1970)

Who are the superior authorities (1879 to 1929, 1929 to 1962, 1962 to today)?

Will the people who died at Sodom and Gomorrah be resurrected?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Thanks Blondie. That should work. I think I'll paraphrase the point and then just cite the references without actually quoting them.

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Hey, I just wanted people to know I took this initial thread I made and added tons of new quotes to it in a WORD document.

The word document is 20 pages long and has all the quotes listed in this thread plus dozens of others I have run across since then.

If anyone would like a copy of it, send me a PM and we can arrange it.

If an admin knows of a way I can edit my initial posts in this thread, that would be cool too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-ithinkisee

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart

Under Deception is the basic feature of all group recruitment. It is also what keeps people inside cults. I found this from JWFacts:

Notice in the following two articles the way a Witness is to deal with the question "Do Jehovah's witnesses believe that only they will be saved?" Stating that only Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved is to be avoided. It is recommended to say NO; even though the explanation given shows the answer is yes. After reading the whole paragraph, it is clear what is meant.

"Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved? No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation." Jehovah's Witnesses, Who are they? What do they believe? (2002) p.29

"Do Jehovah's witnesses believe that only they will be saved? … Jehovah's witnesses believe that many will be saved who are not now Jehovah's witnesses. But with regard to the coming "great tribulation," and being saved through that conflict, the Bible shows that people must now turn to God and take their stand on his side if they wish protection from Him. Jesus said: "Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. . . . they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matt. 24:21, 37-39) Noah and his family, however, were saved through the Flood, because they served Jehovah God. All the others were destroyed. Jesus said that is what will happen at the coming "great tribulation," and this Jehovah's witnesses believe." Watchtower 1970 Apr. 15 p.247

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I get excited whenever someone resurrects a post from ithinkisee.

His progressive threads so nicely captured a departure from the org - with family in tact.

And yet, he and his wife seem to have just disappeared from JWD.

Has anyone kept in contact with these two??

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit