rate Star War III........

by desbah 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• desbah
    desbah

without giving away the ending...how many stars would you give it????

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

what's the limit???

ok i'll stop now..i loved it...tied up all the loose ends....and yes I came str8 home and popped Epi 4 in my DVD player.....a lot of stuff made sense....and now I'm watchign Epi 5...but I usually put it in when i get off from work and end up falling asleep on it....but alot of stuff is now making sense that didnt before...

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Sorry I thought it sucked! No stars.

The CG was fine but had so many plot devices gone wrong. I won't post any details for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

........although your not going to get good acting from a Lucas film. It made me want to watch espisode 5 and the first one.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

out of

Although, the technology was used in an excellent way, one of the great things about these movies was knowing the story and leaving the details to our imaginations. And nothing can beat what you can see in your mind's eye.

Good but not the BEST!

Just my take!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I have to give it 4 Stars!!!!
    But, it is a sad movie.

Who would have thought that Anakin is Darth Vader!!!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I liked it but its was not as good as I thought it would be.

At least Yoda can act - the others are still all a bit stiff. The evil Emperor was excellent - he played his part really well.

Too many sword fight scenes and not enough in between to really hold it together.

So .... out of

Pope

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

ROFLMAO @ El Kabong

You total bastard! You've completely ruined the ending for me

ig

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think I would give it 1/2 out of . I give AOTC and I give TPM . As for the original trilogy, I guess I'd personally give ANH out of , ESB 1/2, and ROTJ 1/2.

I too watched ANH yesterday right after coming home from seeing ROTS. The two movies don't fit together as easily as I would have liked. The pacing in ANH is very slow compared to the prequels (especially AOTC and ROTS), with very little action overall in the first hour. The slow pacing also affects the suspense in the Death Star attack sequence. Why does it take so long for Darth Vader to target Luke's X-Wing? In the prequels, Anakin would've shot a fighter in just seconds, but in ANH Vader seemingly takes minutes to target Luke's fighter right in front of him. The light saber duel between Vader and Obi-Wan is also very weak compared to what we have seen in the prequels. Not just in terms of technical ability (tho that is very apparent), but also in emotion. Neither Vader nor Obi-Wan show any hint of the heartbreak seen in the duel in ROTS. I would have thought Vader would fight Obi-Wan with more passion and hatred, considering how Obi-Wan left him to die. Instead Vader just exhibits a smug confidence. The backstory with Obi-Wan also doesn't fit so easily. The scenario that seems to be assumed in ANH is that Uncle Owen was Anakin's blood brother, living as a family on Tatooine, and then Obi-Wan came along and inspired Anakin to leave Tatooine with him on "some fool crusade", and the resentment that Owen shows towards Obi-Wan is because he thinks that Anakin should not have "gotten involved" and should have stayed with him on Tatooine. The story in AOTC however is quite different; Owen is not a blood relation (son of Cleigg Lars, who married Shmi, so he is Anakin's step-brother), he only meets Anakin for the first time long after Anakin had left Tatooine and had become a Jedi padawan, and Anakin originally was a slave not a farmer on Tatooine. Also, it is claimed in ANH that R2D2 was once the property of General Kenobi; whereas in AOTC and ROTS, R4 is the astromech droid of Obi-Wan and R2D2 was the droid of Anakin and only briefly passed through Kenobi's hands before R2D2 passed into Bail Organa's possession while Obi-Wan went into hiding on Tatooine.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

one or two plot holes and Anakin came over to the dark side too easily but I would say 9 stars out of 10

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit