Ex elders, have you apologized to anyone you df'd?

by avishai 48 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes I have appologize to those that I was able to talk to or write to. I have felt lots of pain in my heart,, because you should never condem someone,,especially if they have a problem or something they can't get control of. Sometimes the pain is very intense, but it only lasts a minute or so.

If I ever meet some of these people in life again I will express my sincere regrets, for I'm sure this will come to mind right away. Sometimes we think we are doing something good when all the while we are doing something somebody else put into our head and these people had bad motives.

I kind of look at it this way everybody does things wrong(or what we consider wrong), that being the case if we get mad at somebody for the wrong they do that is insanity because we are all in the same boat, much better to understand why everybody does wrong without getting mad. Don't get mad at anybody not even yourself because that is insanity, serves no purpose to keep pulling up the past(waste of energy). If you hurt somebody and you think it may do them some good you say you are sorry and try to be more careful next time. If you can right the wrong in some way do it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Minimus ....BOO-Hoo I am so sorry I am guilty!!I cant correct it -some are dead,others wont talk to me.

I have aget baptized question, ex-jws, have you apologized to anyone you helped

BooHoo. Why did you write that today......!!!! ( I will say 150 Hail mMry.s if it would help?????But you know what ....Instead I will read Romans 8:1> "There is no condemnation for those in Christ!!!!" I am in HIM!!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

mouthy, as far as those who are dead, I know of people who wrote it out and went to their grave on a quiet day and read it to them.

The point is to be ready and willing if a moment arises.

Blondie

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Once a person starts comming out of JW mind control,, emotions long supressed by "correct thinking" indoctrination,, begin to come to the surface of consciousness and wrongness becomes clearer where there once was total oblivion of perception. This can be very painful and one may wish to run from it, or keep supressing it,,it is better to work though the pain be open to it don't try to collapse your thinking around it but let it be just a part of the picture and not the whole picture.

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, I asked that question to show that we all share blame and responsibility. Don't just single out elders. Personally, I'm sick and tired of the few that always want former elders to take the fall for being in the same religion we all were in under the same rules we all followed. Did you go to every door that you knocked on to tell them you made a mistake?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hi Minimus

:I'm sick and tired of the few that always want former elders to take the fall for being in the same religion we all were in under the same rules we all followed. Did you go to every door that you knocked on to tell them you made a mistake?

I'd do it if I thought it would help. Realistically we just can't turn back the hands of time. Remember I was diddled.

Dismembered

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Min: I have a question, ex-jws, have you apologized to anyone you helped get baptized? That you helped stay in the "truth"?

Yes.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek
    Did you go to every door that you knocked on to tell them you made a mistake?

No, Min. That spanned some 24 years in various cities and states. I did have private meetings with the two I was conducting home bible studies with, and I'll never regret that. Both had witness wives and word naturally got back to them, then to the elders. Those two and one of my sons were all the evidence the JC needed to get me for apostasy. That was 28 years ago and I'm forever grateful for my freedom.

• avishai
    avishai

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit