Where is SwordofJah?

by avishai 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

He'll be back. I hope he's doing well.

DY

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Hello to all. I have been in and out reading one or two threads here and there. Frankly, I've been very ill these past few months. This is a very tough battle between a body deteriorating and a mind that wants to keep living. I have wanted to comment on some threads, but really did not want to start battles because of my views being some pro-jw and some leaning toward anti-jw.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Good to hear from you SwordOfJah. J-dub or not, I consider you a good dude. Hope to hear more from ya.

GBL

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well Sword it is good to hear from you. I was wondering where you went to.

Thought maybe you got tired of this bunch. We can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

Tell your mind to speak to your body, that this is not the time to cause trouble.

That you have some things to consider and decisions to make.

That oughta work ok? Now you can throw the pills out.

NO NO just kidding. By the way sword, is there anything we can do to help you? If you are in any area one of us is also in, maybe we could be of help?

Outoftheorg

• avishai
    avishai

((((Sword)))))

I too am having some pretty serious med. problems. If there is anything any of us can do, send a care pkg., let us know.

• potleg
    potleg

Sword of Jah...sounds more like a groveling JW appologist to me...should called be the wet leaf of the WT,...oooh, come near and he/she wil bite your knees... The WT lion roars, but we see it's a toothless, flea bitten old bag of #### ... However Mr. rubber sword continues to defend... What a laugh...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sword,

Hello to all. I have been in and out reading one or two threads here and there. Frankly, I've been very ill these past few months. This is a very tough battle between a body deteriorating and a mind that wants to keep living. I have wanted to comment on some threads, but really did not want to start battles because of my views being some pro-jw and some leaning toward anti-jw.

Do not let the comments of others stop you sharing your ideas on this forum and that goes for any other JW. You have as much right to speak as they. You might be vigorously opposed but that comes with the territory as you know and I would not let that stop you having your say. Anyway 62.54 XJW's are as nutty as fruitcakes, the other 37.46 are either me or very much like me. Do hope that you are feeling a little brighter. HS

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm like hilary_step. I want to establish that right now. (Or do I?)

SOJ, I'm sorry you've been ill, and I hope you're feeling better now. I will PM you my phone number at home if you feel like you need someone to talk to. There's nothing like illness to make a person feel really, really bad about every decision they've ever made about their life. (Or is that a chick thing?)

Either way, I'm glad to hear from you. Take care.

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I'm like hilary_step

>makes comparison<

Nope HS, sorry but Nina has better legs.

• acsot
    acsot

SOJ: I am so glad you posted! And thanks Avishai for starting this thread.

When your mind is trying to reconcile two diametrically opposed ideas, your body is bound to suffer. I was a die-hard, hardcore JW, and had insomnia, some sort of chronic fatigue thing going on (I could sleep 36 hours and still feel as though a steamroller had gone over me), always catching colds, the flu, etc. etc. Not nearly as bad as what many go through, but when I admitted to myself that everything I had believed in had been a lie, and came out of the shock of it all, my physical symptoms disappeared. Even when caring for my mother for over a year after she had a series of strokes, I never got sick, in spite of the tremendous stress involved.

All I'm trying to say is that we understand. It's hell having your world turn upside down on you. Like you, I know of many good, sincere JWs. My mother was one of them; heck, I was one of them! But that doesn't make the teachings right; it doesn't excuse the lies we were taught, and it certainly doesn't excuse the needless suffering many went through (the Malawi brothers and sisters, for one example).

It just takes time to sift through it all and come out the other end relatively intact.

Take care of yourself.

Acsot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit